German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sasha was taken to the vet 3 weeks ago because she was licking her bum quite a bit. Turns out she had an infected anal gland. The vet "expressed" it and put her on antibiotics and prednisone with the instructions come back when the meds are through and we'll check her. Well she still wanted to lick it and when I took Sasha back, the vet gave her more meds and a "cone" to keep her from irritating it by licking. While Sasha still loves me she was definitely pouting at first. Turned away from me and stared at the fireplace for about the first hour. Now she's clingy almost to say "Mom, please take this off".

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Poor girl. I wish there were other options to keep them from licking. These big dogs with big cones are a menace to the household. :}

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awww poor girl, hopefully she'll heal quick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vet originally mentioned a cream if she didn't, but I thought, oh good gosh no, I can't put cream on her, she really doesn't like her "undercarriage" messed with. That becomes a two-man job. Sasha's cat is freaked out by the cone and everything else is getting rammed. She is also still trying to clean the other dog with it on; such a long suffering Lab but anything for his Sasha.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Maybe you could put pants on her instead. My mom is using boys underwear on her dog. Tail goes out the pee pee hole.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you could put pants on her instead. My mom is using boys underwear on her dog. Tail goes out the pee pee hole.
I wonder if it would stay on her and what happens when she needs to go potty?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I wonder if it would stay on her and what happens when she needs to go potty?

I think you'd have to get good at wrestling a GSD into a pair of skivvies. :p

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Aww, I feel for the poor girl. I think she feels vulnerable having the cone on, but it's a must to help her heal. Let her know we are not laughing at her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts