German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its with a heavy heart that i wanted to share with you guys that Sasha passed away yesterday. She hadn't been eating of late and lost a ton of weight and muscle mass. It was time. We were with her when she crossed and she went amazingly peacefully. I hope now that she is running free and trying hard not to harass the squirrels, groundhogs and bunnies. She was a whopping15 years and 2 months. I am really going to miss her.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Sasha. I hope you have lots of photos and memories to comfort you, and many good friends and family around you who understand. What a blessing that she made it until 15!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
"She took my heart and ran with it, I hope she's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with her's forever"
Your post reminded me of a verse I have written down for my Cody.
Rest in peace Sasha. Peace to you and your family.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"She took my heart and ran with it, I hope she's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with her's forever"
Your post reminded me of a verse I have written down for my Cody.
Rest in peace Sasha. Peace to you and your family.
Love this. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I’m so sorry, it’s never easy. I’m glad you got as long with her as you did.

·
Super Moderator
32,108 Posts
I'm so sorry, Clare. What an amazing long life Sasha had! RIP, sweet girl. 💔

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Oh my, what a long wonderful life of love. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. Run on Sasha.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
That quote is from Patricia McConnell. A friend posted it in memory of my dog, Ranger, when I lost him in 2016.
He was my Hearing Ear dog, so he held a very special place in my heart.

So sorry for your loss! :cry:

'There's a stone I had made for Luke at the top of the hill road, where the pasture opens wide and the setting sun highlights the words carved into its face. "That'll do, Luke, that'll do." The words are said to working dogs all over the world when the chores are done and the flock is settled: "That'll do dog, come home now, your work is done." Luke's work is done too. He took my heart and ran with it, and he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his, forever. Patricia McConnell, For the Love of a Dog"

·
Registered
31,870 Posts
Its with a heavy heart that i wanted to share with you guys that Sasha passed away yesterday. She hadn't been eating of late and lost a ton of weight and muscle mass. It was time. We were with her when she crossed and she went amazingly peacefully. I hope now that she is running free and trying hard not to harass the squirrels, groundhogs and bunnies. She was a whopping15 years and 2 months. I am really going to miss her.
I am so sorry, but that is a great age for a German Shepherd. It speaks of the care that you gave her, and of the bond that she had with you. I am glad it was peaceful. I know it is hard now, but maybe making a collage of pictures of the wonderful times you had with her, I mean, a lot happens in fifteen years, and if you had her that whole time, or even a number of years, pictures that mark that time, I don't know, but I think it helps me to celebrate a beautiful life.

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
The house will seem strange and empty without her. Take the time to embrace the tears. Be assured that most of us are crying right along side you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am so sorry, but that is a great age for a German Shepherd. It speaks of the care that you gave her, and of the bond that she had with you. I am glad it was peaceful. I know it is hard now, but maybe making a collage of pictures of the wonderful times you had with her, I mean, a lot happens in fifteen years, and if you had her that whole time, or even a number of years, pictures that mark that time, I don't know, but I think it helps me to celebrate a beautiful life.
So sorry for your loss. 😞

·
Registered
954 Posts
A peaceful end to a long happy life where she was loved...
I don't think any of us can ask for more than that.

Rest in peace Sasha, and Clare, take care!
I think people who don't have dogs often don't understand how sad we feel...don't let it get to you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts