German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been active here on gsd.com in a while but wanted to update everyone on how Ze'eva is doing. Ze'eva got her first successful search ~3 months ago and has been on 3 total. We are currently the only K-9 SAR team in San Juan County, WA and have yet to be called out to a search. Hopefully, well not hoping I have to search for someone, but hoping I do get to get a search somewhere here in San Juan County. I am not a EMT-B & WEMT working on pre-reqs for nursing school so I can eventually go flight nurse. I am really liking being able to take my EMT experience into SAR but must say the amount of extra gear I have to keep with me can be a little annoying. On top of my 24 hour and 72 hour bags I have my full BLS kit plus added WEMT gear like my IV kit and limited meds authorized by my MPD. On top of all that I have my water rescue and rope rescue gear in my trunk so needless to say it is pretty full. I will be moving closer to where GSSD operates in a few months so I will be able to start training and working with them again. So there is my update. I hope all is going well for everyone else and I will for sure try to be more active.

Today I had a ton of fun working on the local Sheriff's Dept. boat getting Ze'eva used to boating in the open ocean on a 28ft patrol boat with 2 275hp outboards. Was a fun day!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Wow, that's what I call a sucessful life. Congrats Ze'eva. My best wishes to you, mroutdoorsman for the completion of your studies to become a flight nurse. Welcome back!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts