German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The show is called scent of the missing and is based on a book written by Susannah Charleston. My son and both of my GSDs are in the film so it has to be good. Here is a few pics.

Susannah Charleston and Smokey, Susannah wrote the book that the show is based on. This is her cameo appearance.

Summer Glau, Blake Sanders(my son) and Smokey.

Blake, Smokey, Jason Ball, and Piper preparing for a camp scene.

Jason, Piper, Eric Winters, Blake(making a weird face), and Smokey.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. Good luck with it and let us know where/when we can see it.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Be prepared for the accuracy police :)
Of course it is that way with everything....who gets DNA done in a few days (CSI)?

They stole our team jackets though. (Red and black jacket with mostly yellow patch) and black pants! (Red polos in the summer)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
They used SAR advisors on set but there were some things that had to be done for television. I will post a couple more pics and lets see who can point out the obvious things that you wouldent see in a real search. These photos are of a search crew that is about to move through an area.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Hmm I will take a stab.

Well, it looks like the handlers are lined up to do a grid search which I have never seen done with dogs. And where is the pack (not necessarily a big pack but some stuff.)....I normally would not harness a dog up until it was set off to work.

Where are the flankers?

Looks like someone has a bullhorn. Attraction is a search technique but normally done from a fixed site.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
I remember a SAR movie a few years ago where the dog liked to chase squirrels and the woman severly violated chain of command by searching alone when told to back out.....I can't remember too much about it as I just could not sit through it as it was so bad.

But congrats on having your dogs and son in the movie.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I have no doubt, that despite the assistance of SAR advisors, they will completely twist what is done. It's abosutely amazing what can be done with editing.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congrats!
It's a movie/tv show. People need to get over the fact that movies do things to make the show more interesting to the casual moviegoer. Space travel really isn't like Star Wars and on farms pigs don't really talk.
Keep us posted on when it's showing.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Some folks do not know that and we cops working in the real world deal with people that think all TV shows are based in REAL facts. When CSI first came out I was asked to have ID fingerprint trees,rocks, and get DNA samples back in ten minutes. Yes, it happens

1 - 11 of 11 Posts