German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
868 Posts
Once again the old adage holds true; don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Hopefully the dog will recover. The dog was injured doing what he was trained to do. That possibility is always in the back of the mind of every canine officer.

DFrost

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I hope K9 Ares has a full and complete recovery.

·
868 Posts
Originally Posted By: Mels_KidsHope he’s back on the job soon. Hope the bad guy got charged with assault on an officer.
Since he was killed by police officers, I doubt they charged him with anything. Assault on a police canine however, is not the same as an assault on a human. There is a specific provision in the law (most states) that make it a felony, but the dog is not considered an officer.

DFrost

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah if that was my dog i would be mad to but i wouldnt shot a HUMAN BEING "6" TIMES and then wait about 10 minutes before calling for EMS PERSONAL and then call it a JUSTYFIABLE HOMICIDE! In my personal opion no *** dog's life is more important that of a HUMAN BEING! so the only thing else that i have to say about this topic is **** THE SANTA CLARA POLICE OFFICERS AND THE **** MUT!

·
868 Posts
Why AZiz, you sound a bit miffed. But just to be clear, he wasn't shot because he stabbed the dog, he was shot because he charged the officer with a knife. Now you may think that was a horrible thing to do, but they tried to give this moron a chance by sending the dog in rather than shooting him straight out. That didn't work, the guy was still a moron and acted like a moron acts. Yep, he brought a knife to a gunfight and paid the consequences. I can tell by your post that the truth probably isn't what you want to hear, but there it is.

DFrost

·
Registered
280 Posts
Originally Posted By: R.I.P AZIZ In my personal opion no ****** dog's life is more important that of a HUMAN BEING!
I have to envy you then, for you must know only very nice people.

And never known any dogs at all.

·
Super Moderator
7,345 Posts
will they retire the dog after this?

not that anyone can say for sure, but i mean is it typical in these instances? i'd think to be over 7, he's close to retirement anyhow.

·
868 Posts
Originally Posted By: Camerafodderwill they retire the dog after this?

not that anyone can say for sure, but i mean is it typical in these instances? i'd think to be over 7, he's close to retirement anyhow.
What's typical is; the dog would be given time to heal and then evaluated. It's not been my experience that the dog would be automatically retired after an injury. In our program, retirement isn't decided due to age. It's based solely on the dog's ability to perform to the required standards.

DFrost

1 - 14 of 14 Posts