German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Bay Area people interested in flyball? Halo will be racing with the Marin Running Riot flyball club at the Bay Racers tournament this weekend at the Mare Island Sports Center in Vallejo. Details here: Bay Racers Indoors Games 2013 — Bay Racers

It's fun, it's fast, it's LOUD - come watch us!

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
It was sooooo much fun. Sometimes, my husband and
I get a little stuck in our rut but we are so glad we went
to this today, thanks for the invite, Debbie!

Every single dog we saw was just having a rip-roarin'
good time, after about our first 15-20 minutes of watching,
we noticed our cheek muscles were sore from laughing
and smiling so much at the dogs!

Here is a video I took of Halo doing a run, I apologize
for the quality not being the greatest but the building
didn't really lend itself to photography shall we say:

Halo Flyball Run - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
32,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for coming! It was so nice to see you guys again and to hear more about Lily - she sounds like a wonderful girl. I was glad that you came Sunday rather than Saturday - we ran 3 teams instead of 4, so I actually had some time to sit and chat. With 4 teams we are much busier, with fewer and shorter breaks so it's a lot more hectic. I was also boxloading for one of the teams on Saturday.

And thanks for getting some video, it was great to have spectators come watch my wild and crazy girl do her thing! You're right though, the venue is not that great for pictures or video. Samuel (Kayla and Lancer) came to one of our tournaments and NONE of his pictures came out! Tom's are never very good because he's further hampered by having to stay out of sight outside the ring. At least you guys got a good ringside seat to see the action.

I'm always exhausted and sore everywhere after a flyball tournament weekend, but what makes it all worthwhile is how much fun the dogs are having. Halo is not the fastest dog out there, and certainly not an optimum breed for the sport, but she absolutely loves it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts