German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have this dog listed as a Belgian mix - and the picture is horrendous - a tear-jerker shot of the poor girl facing the corner, nose in the wall, trying to pretend she isn't where she is - so just a back-shot, but sure looks PB to me. Write-up is completely blank, but she sure needs help... Someone, please?

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Belgian Shepherd Malinois | San Antonio, TX | A152606

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
This is heartbreaking. What a telling photo. Good luck and prayers poor girl!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:help: Just spoke with the shelter. <sigh> This girl is in baddd shape. First she said that she had broken bones and contusions, reluctant to rise, depression, so I said it sure sounded like she'd been hit by a car. But then she was saying they thought it was severe arthritis etc. I don't really understand. But she did say they were trying hard to find a rescue to take her to help her with medical, which the shelter cannot do. They said they think she's only 2, btw.

Depression - indeed. Regardless of from what, she's in pain and is scared to boot. :( Any rescues out there get this girl out of there and get her some help? She's not even getting help with pain I don't believe. Soon - Please??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just sent an e-mail to GSD Rescue of San Antonio and also GSD Rescue of Central Texas. I so awfully hope someone is willing to help her - soon. :(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SUPER urgent now. **Please.** She's scheduled to be PTS tomorrow morning (Thursday AM). I spoke to the shelter again and they said that the vet feels that she's arthritic and they put her on NSAIDs (Rimadyl I believe), which they say are helping a LOT. She does NOT have any broken bones nor injuries that they can see. However, she's been there 5 days and they need the space, so she's on the list for tomorrow morning. The lady said that if someone wants to go and get her tonight or tomorrow morning, just call today before 7 PM Central time and let them know someone is coming for her in the morning and they'll put a note on her run so they don't PTS. But this is it guys - she's only got some hours left and needs SOMEone close to her to step up and help and get her out of there.

Please... anyone???

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Oh no, I just saw this. I sent an email to our board, hopefully she can be saved.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
:help::help::help: BUMP!!! Needs a miracle......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
If there was no help for her, sad though it is, this was the kinder thing to do. Run free at the Bridge sweet one - I'm sorry this world wasn't a better place for you :cry::cry:........

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts