German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a shiver just remembering how cold and windy that was. Really, still can't believe we tracked that day and she did so well.

Got some photos yesterday from the also frozen photographer. Tracking people are great to turn out for this kind of weather!

My old but pretty girl...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
:brrrwinter::brrrwinter: It does seem cold!!! Up here in Northern Ontario we are experiencing -40*c weather it sucks

The cold doesn`t seem to bother her she is still smiling!!

She is very pretty!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Wow great for you and her. I know the work that goes into getting these titles. And going out there in the cold no less. Good for you!!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, she wore a coat. I felt kinda bad asking her to track in that at over 10 years old. The judge said she could wear a coat. Then asked, She is used to tracking in it?

It was funny to me as I thought, No, she has never tracked in it! MYSELF would never go tracking in weather where a dog might need a coat!
Needless to say, never practiced in such conditions. There were other passes that day, so it must not have been so terrible to the dogs.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
She probably didn't even notice the weather. She looks plenty happy in the picks.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, she was happy because I was happy. That is who she is to the Nth degree.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I LOVE the coat. Nice judge to let her wear it on the track.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Great pics. She's a beautiful girl.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Congrats to some hardy souls!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I am impressed! A TDX is HARD! The pictures make me smile. You can just see the special relationship you have with your Samba girl. Amazing dog!

For those who are not familiar with a TDX, there is about a 20% pass rate, that is how hard it is. Most dogs fail on their first attempt. Big congrats!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Nice pics!! Always happy to see that glove held up for the judges at the end!!

Congrats on the TDX, not an easy task!

Edit to add, Lucia is pretty correct, pass rate on the TDX is low. It may be 20% in Canada but it is closer to 15 to 18% here in the US. Most dogs do not pass the first attempt, some dogs never pass. My Kayos passed on her second attempt, first attempt she broke down 40 yards from the glove as she was very tired and sore in her hips. We did a THR 5 months later.

VERY HARD tracks!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
What a wonderful dog! Loved the pics. Loved the way she is so in sync with you, and her expression in the last one. It looks to me as if she has a dog version of a human's self respect and pride in doing a job really well. Loved the coat--that is such a good idea for an older dog.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again everyone! When people talk about the pass rate it scares me again, even though it is over!:eek:

I wonder what the pass rate is for German Shepherds? I would think they might have a better go at it than some breeds.

Samba is from Canada. Perhaps that is why she "enjoyed" the weather more than I did.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Samba, did you get her as a pup, or as a half or fully grown dog? Although, I don't suppose that going through one or more winters up there would make much difference so many years later.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Great pictures of a GREAT TEAM! :) Hugs! Congrats!! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts