German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been lurking around on these forums as a guest since I'd adopted my little girl, Alexandria ("Alex"), and it's given me a lot of good advice and suggestions in regards to her behavior and breed information.

Although she's not a purebred (GSD x Siberian Husky) she most definitely exhibits the insane herding/stalking behavior of the GSD (while having the exciting pulling and running of a Sib. Husky). She's a sweetheart, and I couldn't love her any more than I already do! I adopted her from the SPCA of Central Florida back in October, and she was born June 9, 2010.

She, along with my two cats (Dixie and Mar) and my Chihuahua (Isabel) make my life complete. I love her - GSD's are such amazing dogs!

My name is Lauren, and I'm currently attending the University of Central Florida for Hospitality Management. I'm young, and learning, but I try my hardest to give Alex the very best love and attention she deserves. She's timid, but learning how to walk on a leash and accept unknown human affections easier now. She's learning basic commands and obedience, and she's always got her beautiful brown eyes fixed on whatever she's got her attention focused on.

Anyway, it's nice to be a part of such an amazing community! I just know I will love it here.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome from another Floridian! :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a picture of her when I first adopted her - timid, unsure, quiet:

Here's a more recent picture of her from a few days ago:

·
2,967 Posts
:welcome: from another Floridian just across the way! I graduated from UCF main campus back in 2006! My sister and brother also just graduated from there and are still in Orlando.

Beautiful dog! Although I have to say from your pictures she doesn't look anything like a Husky to me! Just a lovely Sable Shepherd girl!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well goodness, I'm not sure what happened to my first one - I must've accidently deleted it. But I'll post some pictures I took of her today on the picture gallery area.

JKlatsky - it really is a small world! And I see yet another Floridian joined recently. Happy day! Yeah - she almost looks like a wolf at times, but it's funny how much of the Shepherd traits she has (physically) rather than the Husky traits. Though, she does like to talk. A LOT lol.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm greetings and the kind comments! I already feel like I belong here :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts