1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
St Martin Parish Animal Control
1004 Industrial Prk Rd
Saint Martinville, LA 70582

This is a crosspost. I have no other information.

Date: Jun 4, 2008 8:59 AM
Cross-Posting
POUND/Sherriff

If you can't adopt me, please FOSTER ME, it could save my life!

I am about 1 year old and a female German Shepherd. I am a sweet girl but did not have much luck so far. I am still quite thin even though I now weigh around 50 lbs, but when I first arrived I only weighed 28 lbs! I was seized by animal control because the people who had mean were cruel to me. Do I resent it? No, actually I get very attached to whomever cares for me, and I become protective.

I would be a great companion for a single woman who lives by herself: she would feel safe with me, even though I am not mean at all!

(By the way, because I am current on my rabies vaccination, the adoption fee would be $55.00 instead of $65.

They love me over there, at the pound, but... pets are killed every Tuesday and I may be next... If you think you and I could live together, PLEASE HURRY, I have only so much time left... Look at me and tell me I don't deserve to live! Please adopt me or foster me BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Call (337) 394-1220 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT E-MAIL, the volunteers who posted me on this site have no additional information, you would just be wasting precious time. Just call (337) 394-1220 NOW! It may be difficult to reach someone on the phone because the staff has so much to do, but leave a message and please keep trying.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Re: LA, California-1YO Seized for cruelty Death Row

Poor little thing. She has the same look as our Heidi did when we first got her. I can't believe she weighed only 28 lbs. Heidi was 48 and was as skinny as a rail. I hope that someone can give this little girl a nice home. She deserves it after being treated so badly.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

I can provide transport help in Northern California. If needed, please PM me as I might not be following this thread (got a couple of seniors to check on) but let me know if I can help out.

·
Registered
767 Posts

Bump!

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
Re: LA, California-1YO Seized for cruelty Death Ro

this may be a typo. 337 is a Louisiana (LA) area code. if there is a way to find out for sure and alter the heading, it may make all the difference for this little girl.

(if it werent 1:38am i'd call myself)

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: LA, California-1YO Seized for cruelty Death Ro

I am so glad you caught that - You are right!

Mods - Can you please change the heading?

She is here:

St Martin Parish Animal Control

1004 Industrial Prk Rd
Saint Martinville, LA 70582

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
LA, St. Martinville-1YO Seized for crueltyDeath Ro

Next person that posts - just reply to my post and it will retain the heading. However, it doesn't reflect it in the forum list as changed, so still need a mod to change that. This girl is adorable!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Re: LA, St. Martinville-1YO Seized for crueltyDeath Ro

ok, heres another post to help out

·
Registered
6,659 Posts

Just wanted to point out that I can't help with transport since he is not in my state. Sorry, just don't want others to depend on me not realizing the states been changed.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I notified the mods so hopefully they can change it

·
Registered
426 Posts

This will be my first post and, as tears flow, probably the saddest. Last Wed, my 13+ year old rescue Holly left this world. I was on DogsinDanger when I ran across this dog in a Lousiana pound. She looks almost identical to the day Holly came to me from a drug dealer. My mother then had a cardiac emergency and when I got back to the site, DID was posting that she was put down.

I came to this wonderful site as a result of the loss of Holly (one of many, many losses over these years), and I am stunned to find wonderful people here who also found this dog.

I honestly feel like I've lost Holly all over again. I also feel responsible that she did not make it out. Bless all here who try so hard to help - you are truly angels.

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
Re: Saint Martinville, LA- F 1yr, Seized for cruel

unfortunately, from IntuitDog, it seems this girl was pts
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

she's still listed on petfinder...

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE. SHE'S STILL ALIVE!!!

·
Registered
426 Posts

OMG - It never occurred to me to call - I was so upset when I saw her picture and date of death (In Memoriam) on DID, I just gave up hope. Thank you so much for this info - just raised my spirits to the stars!

I am going to make it my personal mission to find out what the procedure is at DID for listing the death of a dog - maybe it's an automatic thing that happens if the shelter involved does not notify DID of the dog's status after the stated euth date. This is something we definitely need to know. I have been devastated by missing an opportunity to help this girl in some way and could easily have missed the opportunity twice.

Thank you again, so very much!

·
Registered
989 Posts

from dogsindanger.com

There are two ways that a dog's name and photo will go into memorial: 1) the shelter logs in and changes the dog's status to euthanized; or 2) if the dog's scheduled euthanasia date passes, and the dog's status is not updated by the shelter, the dog's name and photo will automatically roll over to memorial. In either case, this can be changed by the shelter if needed.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts

I've learned...ALWAYS call.........

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

Originally Posted By: IntuitDog OMG - It never occurred to me to call - I was so upset when I saw her picture and date of death (In Memoriam) on DID, I just gave up hope. Thank you so much for this info - just raised my spirits to the stars!

I am going to make it my personal mission to find out what the procedure is at DID for listing the death of a dog - maybe it's an automatic thing that happens if the shelter involved does not notify DID of the dog's status after the stated euth date. This is something we definitely need to know. I have been devastated by missing an opportunity to help this girl in some way and could easily have missed the opportunity twice.

Thank you again, so very much!

Here is the Petfinder link to this dog:

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10967969

And info:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POUND/Sherriff

St. Martin Parish Animal Control
St. Martinville, LA
(337) 394-1220
[email protected]

German Shepherd Dog

Size: Large
Sex: Female
ID: 590930

Notes:

If you can't adopt me, please FOSTER ME, it could save my life!

I am about 1 year old and a female German Shepherd mix. I am a sweet girl but did not have much luck so far. I am still quite thin even though I now weigh around 50 lbs, but when I first arrived I only weighed 28 lbs! I was seized by animal control because the people who had mean were cruel to me. Do I resent it? No, actually I get very attached to whomever cares for me, and I become protective. I would be a great companion for a single woman who lives by herself: she would feel safe with me, even though I am not mean at all!

(By the way, because I am current on my rabies vaccination, the adoption fee would be $55.00 instead of $65.)

They love me over there, at the pound, but... pets are killed every Tuesday and I may be next... If you think you and I could live together, PLEASE HURRY, I have only so much time left... Look at me and tell me I don't deserve to live! Please adopt me or foster me BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Call (337) 394-1220 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT E-MAIL, the volunteers who posted me on this site have no additional information, you would just be wasting precious time. Just call (337) 394-1220 NOW! It may be difficult to reach someone on the phone because the staff has so much to do, but leave a message and please keep trying.

CAN'T ADOPT BUT STILL WANT TO HELP?
Making a donation will make it easier for a rescue group to "pull" a dog by helping with the financial aspect of the rescue.
When donating, please specify the pet, or indicate "pound pets". Your donations will be forwarded to the group who saves this pet, and if not, to help another pound pet.
Go to http://stmartinhumane.org/guardian_angel/Pound/HelpingSMACFpets/helping.htm
THANKS!

Not sure yet? THIS PET CAN BE FOSTERED: you provide the love and care and the rest of the basics are provided for you. This gives you the opportunity to get to know the pet before adoption, or to keep it safe and healthy while it waits for a permanent home. Foster homes give many rescued animals another chance for life.

---------------------------------------
The St. Martin Parish Animal Control Facility's address is 1004 Industrial Park Road, St. Martinville LA 70582. The opening hours have changed! The new hours are Tuesday through Friday, 9 am - 6 pm. Saturday 9 am - 2 pm. Closed on Sunday and Monday. Some pets are killed on Tuesday or Friday. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

Adoptions are on a first come first served basis (this is why it is a good idea to call first). The $65 adoption fee entitles you to a $50

*** I would get in touch with the shelter before they open ASAP - and try emailing them NOW!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts