German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know about the really nice GSD that came to us from Gallipolis, OH a few weeks back.

We have named him Truman, but also call him King, because he is such a big boy. Truman is the whole package! Truman loves people, loves to speak and loves to play. He may be an older dog, but you would never know it by the way he plays!

Truman is one of the prettiest boys we have ever had in rescue. We had him all cleaned up and he is nice and shiney now.

Truman is good with the animals on the farm, even the goats and the cats! He loves to play and is very active.

I do have a suspision that there is some hip issues, which will be addressed when he is neutered next week. i will have that X-Rayed and evaluated, but my luck isn't very good, so i suspect surgery for him in his future, but we can still hope.

thanks for all that helped to get him here, Especially Ellen for arranging the transport and saving the WGSD from that same shelter who had his foot shot! That was awful! Truman didn't mind waiting while you helped him out. thanks!

I have pictures on my site if someone could link them for me.

This is the site. it also has a video. http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10468603

if the video isn't one there yet, it will, I just loaded it.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
WOWEE - what a gorgeous boy! Thanks for helping him, Anna...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
much prettier than his shelter picture that is for sure! i was afraid of what I may get really from that picture. That was one time I was lucky! he is BEAUTIFUL! My husband likes him too, and he is pretty picky! He said he is almost as good as Cagney (GA- Rescue from about a month ago). Cagney is Awsome though and going to CGC training next week.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truman AKA King, is going for a snip and clip (neuter) on thursday. he is also going to be HW tested, My fingers are crossed on that one though...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KING IS HW NEGATIVE!!!!

happy dance.....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
King was adopted today! He got a wonderful home in Abingdon, VA. His new family owns a horse farm there and he has two cattle dogs to run the farm with. Anna (his new mom) just fell in love with him! King jumped right in her truck and sat down, as if to say, "Where are we going mom?" he was a wonderful dog and well deserving of an equally wonderful home like Anna's.

Thanks to everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts