German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about dog toys with unsafe material in the stuffing, tested to contain lead or other toxins... So I was wondering if anyone knows of any dog toy brands that are known to be safe?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I would consider the kong toys to be safe.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I would consider the kong toys to be safe.
Yep yep those have been the only toys I have felt are safe for my dog to play with and not worry about him swallowing any parts. I also have a tug but he doesn't get to chew on it as a recreational toy like some of his kong toys because he could swallow the rope strands.

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
Kongs are made in China...
West Paw brand is the only one I know of that is still US manufactured. JW Pets(Cuz) just sold out to be manufactured in China and I'm really disappointed. I've been looking at labels(after reading Pukka's Promise) and the options of safe non-toxic dog toys(treats too) are very limited. I tried to buy Karlo's birthday presents earlier in March and WestPaws was the only brand I could invest in. Sad...when my dogs constantly have something in their mouth, I want it to be free of toxins, but many manufacturers don't consider the risks.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I thought Kong dog toys were made in America.

Also thought think the Planet Dog Orbee toys ar made in Ameria.

I would love to find a COMPRESSED rawhide chew made in America but all of these are made in China. Not sure why.

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
I just received this e-mail from JW when I asked them about their products now being manufactured in China:
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised that as of December 17, 2012, JW Pet and Canine Hardware (the manufacturer of Chuckit) were acquired by Petmate. Petmate is the trusted authority in smart solutions for devoted pet owners. We offer complete lines of kennels, dog houses, bedding, litter maintenance, feeding and watering solutions , toys, collars and leads, grooming and accessories under the Petmate, Aspen Pet and Doskocil brands. Our corporate office is located in Arlington, Texas.

You may rest assured that all of our toys are no-toxic.

We look forward to your continued business.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I just received this e-mail from JW when I asked them about their products now being manufactured in China:
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised that as of December 17, 2012, JW Pet and Canine Hardware (the manufacturer of Chuckit) were acquired by Petmate. Petmate is the trusted authority in smart solutions for devoted pet owners. We offer complete lines of kennels, dog houses, bedding, litter maintenance, feeding and watering solutions , toys, collars and leads, grooming and accessories under the Petmate, Aspen Pet and Doskocil brands. Our corporate office is located in Arlington, Texas.

That's good to hear, they're one of the few brands Delgado can play with and not destroy. He loves their holee roller especially and their cuz

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear valued customer,

Ok, am I missing something? As far as I can see this doesn't actually state where they are manufactured or dispute whether they are made in china? :confused:

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
Exactly....they are made in China and I am NOT rest assured they are non-toxic. I don't trust anything "made in China".
Just because corporate is US based doesn't say anything about the manufacturing base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts