German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I wish people would stop posting stuff like this. The images get stuck in my mind and its very upsetting esp how I cant do anything to stop it and i get stuck on thinking how much these poor dogs suffer. :(

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
rugs and meat....and the Germans export show line dogs over there all the time....so pups from the big priced ones have to go somewhere ....backyard breeding results at the worst....

they raise tigers for slaughter as well to meet the market for tiger parts in Chinese medicine

so very very very very sad.....these photos do stay with me forever too...I can still see the one of the two "rugs" for sale in a chinese market...one ??? and one long haired black and red....

I would never go as a tourist to Hong Kong or China - or anywhere in teh Far East - even though I have had the opportunity because I could not deal with being in a country where this happened...

Lee

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I wish people would stop posting stuff like this. The images get stuck in my mind and its very upsetting esp how I cant do anything to stop it and i get stuck on thinking how much these poor dogs suffer. :(
Maybe a disclaimer next time in the subject line along the lines of disturbing image. It really bothers me as well. I agree OP, it's really sad.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
It is truely a cruel world we live in. Heartbreaking what animals have to endure. Humanity is not humane.

·
Registered
69 Posts
its not less cruel what we do to pigs chickens cows or wild animals like coyotes which are canines also.

I have to agree there. I cannot play favorites on what is a "food animal".

But what I do advocate is humane treatment.

You are what you eat..so a miserable thing is probably bubbling with toxic levels of adrenline and hormones. Poor housing is a recipe for resistant strains of all kinds of bad bugs. And the more domestice the animal, the more likely of developing crossover parasites & viruses.

Granted I am not going to join a "go dog-it's healthier meat" or "horses are more tender" movement. But I am not going after show breeders either.

Chicken and turkey farms nearby in AR and KY have terrible practices..as do pig farmers south of here. And I use the farm word loosely. They should be called what they are: FACTORY. My mom's X had a job when he first came on limited work permit was to wade through the tons of baby turkeys to remove the dead ones every day. He had to sleep in the room and wake every few hours to rinse and repeat. Poultry are opportunistic. They will tear apart mice rats and each other occasionally. He refuses to meats from a store to this day 20 years later. And working in a meat packing plant only strengthened it for all of us.

Humans can't even treat other humans nicely... what hope is there for animals? Specially the " why worry it's gonna be dead soon and on th plate anyway" mindset. Eeeew. As a hunter I can tell you..an animal that you didn't kill instantly while relaxed does NOT taste the same.

But factories are are own fault. I have seen 2 (WA & AZ) separate 100 +yr old dairy farms and poultry farms attacked when the lovely country was bought up and developed by city slickers that wanted the pastoral area but pasture is not free. There is a reason it is so green and not wooded with ugly brush. Ugh the smell- we want our properties worth more. Zone the animals out! Now tehy complain about pricier and icky store bought eggs and irradiated milk (it travels 100s of miles in a tanker truck -it has to be made safe from bacteria) One farmer I give kudus. They closed him down he save small part for corn maze and pumpkins-rest is ugly storage facility, boat drydock and car parking. HAhah! And they can't do anything but whine about it being ugly.
Puppy mills are a shared fault too. It stemmed from show trade and companion animals becoming commodities for profit. *sigh* Humans suck

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yeah take a look at slaughter houses thats why i buy free range organic local where i can at least see the animals

there is all kinds of cruelty right around the corner where the racoons are trapped in cages and being drowned alive or the foxes and coyotes in leg traps and snares. Or people cheering as their dogs tear apart a wild animal like a boar or whatever while its still alive? or our circus? force feeding geese with pipes while alive so they get so fat to make pate? baby seal clubbing? what do they do to campons while awake to make the rooster that way? I am not going to pick favorites either. Seen way too many horrors here.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wish I could say what I want to do to that guy in the picture (and everyone like him). I hope that cancer stick he is smoking bites him real good one day.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts