German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadies story was posted in another part of the GSD board when she got hit by a train, but not listed in this section. Norma, the founder of the rescue, has been fostering Sadie and taking care of her. I meant to post this last week, but as some know, my computer was down for some time.
I want to help this wonderful rescuer get exposure for Sadie, whose story is at http://www.mvgsdr.org/sadie.aspx
In the most recent emails from Norma, here is the update on Sadie.
(I have asked for permission to put Sadie on the board. If I had room, I would adopt her in a heartbeat) She gets along well with other dogs, loves to play and loves people!! She has too much interest in cats, so a home without them would be great!! Surely, there must be a wonderful, loving home for this girl somewhere??

Sadie woke up today with swelling and pain. The infection is back after just coming off antibiotics Monday. We are monitoring the size of her leg and started her back on meds. Lab work showed elevated white cells and he drew off some fluid from the leg. This is the first time she had pain or swelling so he is worried she may be rejecting the plate.

The x-rays still look good but you can see the fluid/infection. The bone is still not healed so the worry is that the infection will get into the bone. If that is the case we have to go back in and take out the plate which was not planned before and before it would be ready otherwise. She is to be on the meds for 4 weeks and recheck on Monday.

Here is what I recieved the other day: (after this one)

She is doing better now, still on the meds but its when she comes off that it flares again so that is the concern about the plate.
Sadie has a meet and greet this coming weekend for a potential adopter but I am not sure they will be comfortable with the unknown future of her legs and arthritis, etc. She is pretty so I am hoping they will love her right away, great home for a dog too so I am hoping this is hers.

Please keep this girl in your thoughts, and if anyone thinks they have room n their heart and home for Sadie, please contact her!!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Thank you so much for posting updates on Sadie I have been wondering about her since the beginning of May when the original story came out. She is a beautiful girl and I hope she finds a loving home that can afford to pay for her further medical bills

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Sadie should not have any extensive vet bills in the future. We are making sure she isn't rejecting the plate before she gets adopted. The meet and greet is this weekend but she won't go until the vet clears it.

It is possible years later she may have to have the plate removed but it is a rare situation I am told. This vet who is an orthopedic specialty vet has only had to remove one in ten years. We will get another x-ray in two weeks.

She is a sweet girl and I hope she has a great future.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Sadie had a meet and greet today with a lovely young couple from Freeport, IL. They loved her and she slopped them full of kisses.

They visit a lake frequently and I know Sadie will love to swim. Mom is a nurse and wants to do Pet Therapy with Sadie, she will be such good therapy for patients.

We will get her last x-rays this week and hopefully she will be released from restrictions. It will be 8 weeks on Friday since she had surgery.

**Moderator edited for solicitation. Please contact poster for details. ** She was worth every penny and effort to get her through this.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Norma I am so glad to see you on the board! I didnt realize you were on here too when I asked to post her!!
I was THRILLED to see how the meet and greet went, and would love to see pics of her in her new home in the future!!
Should donations be sent directly to the vets office or through the paypal link on the website?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Hi Danni,
I don't get on here too much any more but someone told me the thread was up.

I have pictures from tonight I will send if you want to post. It was weird sending her off but she looks happy.

** Moderator edited. Please contact poster for details.**

She is released now to normal activity and her fractures are healed!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Great news Norma. Thanks for taking such good care of her.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonderful news!! I will post the pics today!! I got them- what a love! She is so stunning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts