German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After losing the Timmy, the Border Collie pup Marshmallows rescued, on Wednesday we needed a break from tragedy.

Not to happen.

I flew to Tulsa this weekend for my niece's graduation and left Joe home with the wrecking crew. On Saturday he decided to go up to the Tri-Cities to shoot at the indoor range. Got halfway across the bridge over the Columbia River separating OR from WA. He noticed movement on the walking trail that goes over the bridge. He crossed the brdge, pulled over and walked back to the walking path which by the way is separated from the highway by a fence. He came upon an orange and white kitten that had obviously been tossed from a car at high speed, it was is writhing in pain!

Joe picked it up, ran back to the car, and rushed the little thing to the vet, the same vet Timmy went to on Wednesday. Dr. Down, bless his heart, tried hard to save the poor thing but it was not possible. Little no name orange went to the bridge Saturday afternoon around 2 PM. Joe stayed with him.

There was no way the cat got on that trail by himself. Someone cruel soul had to have thrown him from a vehichle. I just do not understand how people can be so cruel.

Joe never did get to shoot. He was too upset and just went home to hug our cats.

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
I am soo sorry,
thank-you for trying to save that poor baby,
whoever done that to the kitty I hope they ROT IN ****

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Hate to say it because there are people out there who suck
and don't deserve to have animals
it is horrifying to read about it let alone be the person who finds that animal.
God bless your other half!!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Poor kitten

Please give Joe my thanks for trying to save the poor kitty.

I like to think that the next go 'round holds something for the type of people that would do this.
Reincarnation? Come back as a little orange kitten that gets thrown out of a car.
Heaven/****? **** it is.

·
Super Moderator
32,028 Posts
Originally Posted By: Barb E.Poor kitten

Please give Joe my thanks for trying to save the poor kitty.

I like to think that the next go 'round holds something for the type of people that would do this.
Reincarnation? Come back as a little orange kitten that gets thrown out of a car.
Heaven/****? **** it is.
What she said! What a crummy way for Joe to start his day.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Ditto to those who posted above.

Rest in peace, dear little orange kitten. At least your last moments on this earth were spent with people who loved you and tried very hard to save your life.

Kathy, please thank Joe for trying so hard to save this little life. His kindness will not be forgotten.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am amazed that Joe was even able to spot the kitten. I am glad he decided to stop and check things out.

Poor kitty, I will never understand how people can be so heartless.
Lets hope things don't really come in threes. I don't think I could handle another one right now.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he just happened to glance over there for some reason, I thought the same thing as that is a hard place to see. I know if I look over to see how much water is coming over the dam I can see the trail pretty well. Maybe that is what he was doing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts