German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't been on here for awhile. Just wanted to let to let you know that my best friend Rocky has passed away.
We found out he was sick on Christmas Eve, took him to the vet. They recommended to bring him to Purdue University Animal Hospital for further testing. We took him the day after Christmas. They did all sorts of testing. He stayed there for 3 days. They determined he had cancer. We took him home with chemo treatments, it was in his lungs, he could not breathe well. He passed at home on 1-5-13. Here he is just a couple week before, looking great as usual. He would have been 10 on February 9th.

·
Super Moderator
32,031 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. RIP Rocky. :(

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
He doesn't look anywhere near 10 in the picture. Gorgeous dog. So sorry for your loss....

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Iam so sorry for your loss of your Rocky. It is a so hard to lose these wonderful animals. Run free Rocky run free.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all for your kind words. It really is a devastating loss. He was always very strong and healthy until the very end. He always looked great for his age. Here is a pic from the summer a couple from november.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm sorry for ur loss! He was a very handsome guy! Hope he didn't suffer much! Maybe Kaiser's bugging him in doggy heaven!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts