German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a recommendation(s) for a good veterinarian in the greater Sacramento area.

Between both of my GSDs, I've been to probably 10-12 different veterinarians in the area in the last 10 years, and I really haven't been impressed with any of them. The ones that are more experienced keep very odd office hours and the ones that are inexperienced (< 10 years) I typically don't trust to give me good diagnosis and advice.

I prefer holistic veterinarians rather than many veterinarians that want to prescribe an antibiotic for everything and send you on your way. Over the years, I can spot a veterinarian that's a recent rookie graduate from the U.C. Davis veterinary school who's helpless if their high-tech diagnostic tool has failed and can't interpret the color and texture of a tongue if their degree depended on it.

Surely there are some of you here in Sacramento (or surrounding area) that have a veterinarian you like and trust the care of your GSD to, isn't there? Can you tell me who you like and why you like them?

:smile2:

Craig

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'm looking for a recommendation(s) for a good veterinarian in the greater Sacramento area.

Between both of my GSDs, I've been to probably 10-12 different veterinarians in the area in the last 10 years, and I really haven't been impressed with any of them. The ones that are more experienced keep very odd office hours and the ones that are inexperienced (< 10 years) I typically don't trust to give me good diagnosis and advice.

I prefer holistic veterinarians rather than many veterinarians that want to prescribe an antibiotic for everything and send you on your way. Over the years, I can spot a veterinarian that's a recent rookie graduate from the U.C. Davis veterinary school who's helpless if their high-tech diagnostic tool has failed and can't interpret the color and texture of a tongue if their degree depended on it.

Surely there are some of you here in Sacramento (or surrounding area) that have a veterinarian you like and trust the care of your GSD to, isn't there? Can you tell me who you like and why you like them?

:smile2:

Craig
I love Mace Decker at Grass Valley Veterinary Hospital. Has a crap load of experience. If I lived closer that is who I would go to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts