German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into possession of a sable GSD female. I've never had a sable before. Had two white prior- funny story, both rescues. Accidentally ended up with two white shepherds lol. Sable fascinates me so just want some input. I'm aware that sable can go both ways so just want advice. The dog has the black toe pencilling and the tar hock marks so I'm just wondering if she's going to be a dark sable or light in the opinion of experts on the subject. She's 12 weeks so I'm aware it can go either way at this stage. Dad was a dark sable and mum was a very, very light black and tan but as of right now, the puppy seems very dark. Any input appreciated :grin2: She has quite faded black pencilling on her toes and has fairly prominent tar heels if that's of any help. If she ends up light sable, dark sable or patterned sable is of no consequence to me but I'm just nosy and want to know what people think :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
:wub: she's gorgeous! I would guess she'd turn out to be a light sable but time will tell :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hank was much lighter at 3mo than he is now (at 6mo), but he has been turning more grey in the last week or so. Mostly his chest and hind legs. My guess would be that your pup will be a darker sable. She's cute!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts