• ONLY TWO

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any sable owners out there i have a question do all sables have pencil markings tar heels and striping

my black sable has all 3

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I'm well aware of what pencil toes and tar heels are, but what do you mean by striping?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and anyone that doesnt know
1 pencil markings are black strips of fur over their toes
2 striping is a black stripe of fur running down the front of their front legs
3 tar heels black fur on the heels of their back legs

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Yes, but what does any of that have to do with non-commercial trades and sales? :thinking:

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
You've posted your thread in the wrong forum, I've notified the moderator to have it moved.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I voted only two but that is because I did not know what you meant by striping. Yes Ruger has all three.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Kenya is a patterned sable and does NOT have tarheels or any black on her feet. Both of her parents were sable.

Pan is a dark sable (NOT a "black sable") and he does have some tarheel/black on his hocks and black on his toes. Both of his parents are sable.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Hey any sable owners out there i have a question do all sables have pencil markings tar heels and striping

my black sable has all 3
No, not all sables have those markings. I believe they must have a bicolor or black gene to get pencil toes and tar heels. I could be mistaken about how the genetics work, but saddle-patterned sables don't have those markings.

FWIW, I don't think your dog is a "black sable". I would say he is dark sable. Black sables appear very black at a distance, with just a bit of tan on the legs and around the eyes. Can someone pull up a photo of a true black sable?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts