German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

We are interested in buying a GSD Sable Puppy - we have our eyes on this little guy: Do you imagine he will stay dark sable? Any thoughts? We currently have a beautiful 2 year old Shepherd (black + tan) we have just been wanting to get a sable to add to the mix. i know their coats change so much - if you have had a sable puppy feel free to share puppy pictures :)

Warm Regards,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
Look at the parents and the newborn photos.... no way to tell from these pics. Not to mention “dark sable” is subjective.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Hi Mmet and Welcome! :greet:
Can you post pictures of the parents or the breeder's site?

My girl a darker sable:

Puppy: Wicki 8 weeks old.jpg

Adult: Wicki 2.jpg

There are MANY different shades of sable. This was our sable boy.
Puppy: 8 Weeks Old Resized.jpg

Adult: Tree Resized.jpg

Moms:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good Morning,

So The First two are the pup's mother & father the last two are the puppies grandparents on the mother side only. I do know it is completely subjective and they change so much I am just curious is all.

Warm Regards,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
Both the father and maternal grandfather are very similar in color... it’ll take a bit over a year, but I suspect she will turn out within the same color range. I would not consider either of the males dark, simply sable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thank! I am very excited to bring the little guy home - we have been looking for a sable so hopefully he stays a similar colour.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! :) Hopefully we will see! As long as he is healthy thats all I can ask for :)

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
If your pup keeps the Tar Heels, pin stripes on toes and stripe down the front legs most likely it will be a darker sable. Dark black patches on chest and under belly to me a sign they will be dark. They say when your pup is born that will be his color they change so much after that. Max dam a bicolor and his sire a patterned sable. He is a dark sable. He is asl. His color is pretty much the same as a year old but he can lighten and darken with the lighting and seasons coat blowing and all. Right now he is shedding massively and at his lightest. 4 weeks to 4 years .

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts