German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! We are new to this forum but have two Germán Shepherds’ “Abbey” a White Shepherd (6 years old) she is a gentle giant at 123 lbs! Our newest addition Remy (12 weeks currently) she is a very light sable with a black mask. I’ve included a few pics of her at 8 weeks too. Wondering if anyone had a pup like her and have any adult pics now? Curious about how her coat will change!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,676 Posts
What color were the parents?

·
Super Moderator
8,676 Posts
i suspect Remy will mature to look very similar to her mom...therefore not much difference than the color she is now aside from some darkening as her adult coat comes in and possibly some stray black hairs on her tail, ears or across the shoulders. i believe fawn (in GSD) is a version of washed out sable anyhow. i would consider the dad to be light sable and if she were to turn out like him - she’d have the signature dark stripe down her back at this age.

only time will tell...
enjoy!

Reactions: crittersitter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for your thoughts on this! We would love Remy no matter her final color but was just curious to see if anyone else had a pup like this and had adult pics now. When we first got her she had much more black but has gotten lighter now..however if you look at the hair that she sheds the 3/4 of each hair is black bear the root the other 1/4 on top is the tan color that we all see! I never knew GSD costs could change so much; very cool! I guess for now this shall be a mystery lol..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts