German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have a new puppy, "Russell" (just saying his name makes me laugh. :p )

This little guy is amazing. Bold. Happy. Curious. Did I say bold? I've had him a week now, and everything he has encountered hasn't fazed him.

I take him out several times a day on an extremely busy, noisy city street. Motorcycles, ambulances, not a problem. Scary looking homeless man coming right at us? (that was today, and he kind of gave me the heebie jeebies). Not a problem. Russell stared curiously at him, and then watched him slide off into the bushes. Noisy thunderstorm yesterday with so much hail that it sounded like someone was throwing rocks at my windows? Didn't even look up from his bully stick.

Stairs? No problem. Marches right up them. First time on a leash? Come on mom, let's go!

And he's a smart little guy. I put the big girls in their crates and Russ has been with me this evening in the living room. He's been playing with toys, chewing on his bully stick and antler, just being a busy puppy. He suddenly stopped, went to the dog door, tried to get through it (he's too short - he gets stuck), backed out and looked at me. I opened the patio door and said come on, lets go. He raced out, peed and pooped and then bailed into the house through the dog door. He's 10 weeks old, LOL. :D

Of course the girls completely wear him out. He wrestles with them, and they have a great time. I love having a tired puppy when I go to bed...

(Sage kind of likes him)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Gorgeous!

:)

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
What a cutie, that last photo is awesome! :)

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Oh, all these adorable puppies on the boards:wub: *fight off puppy fever* lol

He sounds like a confident little guy. Love the last picture!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you recommend the antlers? I saw them but didn't get one. Why are they so expensive if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
My boy has enjoyed antlers since he was a pup. I always supervise recreation chewing. They are $$...not sure why?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Awww, what a cutie! I love big puppy paws before they grow into them. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All three of my shepherds love the antlers. I don't know why they are so pricey, but they last a really really long time.

I like that last photo of Sage and Russell too. Sage looks like she's really pleased. I've been telling her she's getting a puppy, and her mission every day is to wear him out. She's doing a good job of it. I'm going to make him a flirt pole this weekend. He will be so happy, lol.

Tonight he saw his first toad (a BIG one) and tried to play with it. I don't mean pick it up and play with it, I mean he was play bowing the toad. The toad however was having none of it.

Russell is definitely Mr. Confidence. I love it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He is ADORABLE!!! Just wanna touch those giant ears of his! Can only imagine how soft they are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts