German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11653700

Sassy has until 5:00 on Wednesday to be adopted or sent into rescue. Poor Sassy. Her and pal Emma were brought in because her owners are getting divorced. Mom didn't want to "deal with them anymore" This girl's name suits her. She is such a friendly girl and just like any grandma she is set in her ways. She needs a retirement home. Please come meet this girl. She deserves so much more. Giving her entire life to her owners to be dumped like a piece of trash is something we won't ever understand

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Re: Sassy the Senior Rushville,IN. Time's up Wed.

OH YES, what a BEAUTIFUL girl. she needs some help, don't think it can come too soon...

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

Holey Moley, she is GORGEOUS! Looks really well taken care of, bet she wouldn't last very long in a rescue.

And she came in with her pal Emma, (a lab mix, also adorable), so one could assume she gets along with other dogs?

ps I'm starting to believe there's something to be said for 'staying together for the sake of the kids.' Too many victimized 'kids' here because of divorce. Kills me.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Hmmm, I wonder if they take out of state applications....

I wouldn't mind a new foster. Heehee.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

Originally Posted By: KaitadogHmmm, I wonder if they take out of state applications....

I wouldn't mind a new foster. Heehee.
<span style="color: #CC0000">There is an offer to foster here (or adopt?).</span> Can anyone help answer questions for Kaitadog to see if this would be possible?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

If there was a way to get her here to CT, I could foster. I think it's safe to assume she is ok with other dogs. I'm checking with contacts I have out that way. Looks like Rushville is about an hour east of Indianapolis.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

Kaita, if you take her, I'll be over to do your photoshoot, hehe.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes the shelter does out of state adoptions/rescue. I will also drive the first leg of the transport and depending on the day maybe the second.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

kaitadog i bet we can get her to you...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Hmmm. So should I fill out the adoption app and send it in? Would that work if I'm not physically picking up the dog? Just because as of right now I have no rescue backing. (Which I said I would never do again, but look at her!)

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

have you called the shelter to inquire about paperwork specifics?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

The site says to fill out an application, but rescues can email them directly. I'm not with a rescue, so I guess I should just fill it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

can you call to make sure they know someone is working for her...?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

has anyone contacted melody miller from central indiana gsd rescue?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

Originally Posted By: katielizcan you call to make sure they know someone is working for her...?
I'm at work, so I can't call long distance, but I just emailed the shelter, and will send them my application as well. I'll try contacting the Indiana GSD rescue, too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts