German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Originally Posted By: Aude I'm a tad concerned as Malik runs fine with him but in general doesn't have the energy of a lab, if you see what I mean. I
I had to laugh at that one. If you saw my Lab running you wouldn't say that. The last time I tried to take him, I put him and Kaper on a split lead. Kaper was full of energy, Chatham lagged behind, almost looked like he was being dragged. Chatham's got lots of energy, he just doesn't seem to enjoy running. One of the reasons I got him was I thought he would be a high energy dog that would enjoy running. Kaper, on the other hand, LOVES our runs.

When I talked to the vet about taking Chatham running, he told me to make sure to let him work up to the distance and pace. Just like people, they can't just go out and run. I would slowly increase the distance and watch carefully how he handles it. Trail running should be easier on his paws and joints too. I am so used to running with Kaper I can tell when he is tired or when he needs to stop. I still haven't reached a distance he can't do but haven't pushed it past 10km.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.