German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running out of ideas and places to take Recon for exposure. He has been to every store I could get him into, every park within a 60 mile radius and played on all the play ground equipment. He has been through tunnels, covered bridges, moving water, standing water, narrow bridges, climbed rocks and tree's. I'm still searching for a nice wobbly suspension bridge but can't seem to find one. He's been in can and bottle pits. I tried getting him into puppy agility but they required I take their puppy obedience class first and that's not going to happen. So now, I'm trying to come up with more. I like to get him out at least an hour a day to somewhere new. Any thoughts? Something I'm forgetting about?

·
Banned
377 Posts
Wow, he can climb trees?!
Looks like you are doing PLENTY for him. Keep up the good work but remember
to have a life for yourself, too.
Are you doing all of this for a reason? Is he shy or fearful? If so, all the more
reason for keeping it up. If not then congratulations.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, he can climb trees?!
Looks like you are doing PLENTY for him. Keep up the good work but remember
to have a life for yourself, too.
Are you doing all of this for a reason? Is he shy or fearful? If so, all the more
reason for keeping it up. If not then congratulations.

Climb trees as in tree stumps and fallen trees.

No he's not fearful of anything! He's actually the most confident little puppy I have personally seen. That's why I'm still trying to see if there is something out there that bothers him. None of this is going to hurt and can only make his future better. No such thing as too much confidence.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about some farms with different animals?

Oh yes I forgot. He has had a little exposure to sheep, chickens and horses. Our SDA training field has them. More never hurts and actually I don't think I have taken him into the barn there so...

·
Registered
753 Posts
I second the farm idea. Also try public transit (bus or train) any festivals in your area, lots of people wear weird stuff and act "different" at festivals, parades are great as well, even protests work great lol. If there was one thing that I could go back and redo with my puppy it would be leaving then with someone else for a day or two to get them used to being cared for by other people, you never know if you might need to kennel him or have him stay with a friend for a few days.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh yes I forgot. He has had a little exposure to sheep, chickens and horses. Our SDA training field has them. More never hurts and actually I don't think I have taken him into the barn there so...
Well I couldn't find any farm that let's dog in, and first time he saw horse was quite suprise to my boy and the horse too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts