German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our sweet, old Yoda was euthanized on Saturday; thank you all who told me in advance what to ask for, his passing was very peaceful.
Poor Yoda woke up on Friday not being able to walk at all, and no will left to live. Didn't wamt to eat, to even look up, and just lay there. He tried to get up for our morning walk, and when he faild, he just curled up as if saying, OK, that was it.
We took him to the vet on the next morning.
I will never ever forget im; he thought me about love, loyalty, perseverence, how to treasure each and every day.
The house and the walks are incredibly empty without him.
Nobody to play with his cuz, his tennis balls lay abandoned in every corner of the house.
I have to stop now as the screen is all blurry...but I hope you are running free now, Yoda, and will wait for us there, wherever you went to.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
My heart breaks for you Andrea, May Yoda RIP and run free at the rainbow bridge!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

Run free, sweet Yoda.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
So sorry you lost your girl.
RIP Yoda.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
How sad that is to have to say goodbye. RIP sweet Yoda

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Oh, Andrea, when I saw this new topic, I thought when I clicked I'd go to the pictures section. I just figured I'd see him off on one of the adventures he got to go on with you guys. He got to live such a good life because of you. I am just so saddened by his loss. He was one of the very special board seniors we all know and love. Know that your tears are shared. I am so sorry. Please take care-
Jean

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much, all of you are so nice to share this sad time with me...You know how well-meaning but non-dog people can be: "oh well, he was old, wasn't he?" :-(
Yes, he was, and I knew this would come, but now that it actually has, it's such a freaking shock.
I dream with him, I look for him at night when I get up (he used to sleep right by the bedside), and just can not believe that he is really gone. Forever.
I still say that seniors give so much to us, that I would do it again any time; but it is incredibly hard when we have to say goodby.
Hugs to you. I am sure Yoda sends his greetings to all; I hope his pain is gone, and runs on endless meadows, chasing squirrels and maybe even able to catch them finally. It would be so great to actually KNOW that we will meet again sometime. Do you think we will?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending loving thoughts your way!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, and he's not due until the end of March. I was hoping Yoda would be able to look after us both...

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Oh so sorry....... it is so hard to loose them.

(((((HGS)))))

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost dear Yoda. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
My deepest condolences to you. Yoda was well loved and he knew it. May you take comfort in memories of the wonderful times you shared.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts