German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the front door open (screen door closed) to catch the cool morning breeze and a door-to-door guy wanting to trim our trees, came up to the door. I felt a little uneasy because our neighborhood has had some break-ins lately, and this was a big guy who had 3 other guys sitting out there in his car.

Rumo barked as he was coming up to our door, and the whole time I was trying to turn the guy away, Rumo was barking deeply and growling, standing right by my leg. The guy actually backed off the front stoop and down the steps and said uneasily, "Your dog..."

Anyway I felt like our house got removed off the "easy break-ins" list IF he and his crew had anything to do with that (but of course they probably don't!!)

Rumo was just so reassuringly fierce and I was glad to have him beside me!
He can sense when I am "not OK" with the person, I think it's pretty amazing.

Because he doesn't act like that with visitors, clients, friends
(And he has an amazing memory about who has come over before...he won't even get up, for those people.)

·
Super Moderator
7,109 Posts
Good boy Rumo!My boy does the same but boy does he throw a fit if he's left inside while I'm outside speaking to someone he doesn't recognize(potential murdering scoundrel).He'll lock eyes with them and give the impression he'd tear them limb from limb if he had the chance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts