German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! Glad I have found this forum. This is my best bud, Ruger. He is five months old today and my favorite boy. In the morning or when playing fetch, his ears are up. By mid-day, they tend to go back to the floppy stage. Ruger loves to play fetch and to play with other dogs.

He's my first shepherd and he's definitely been an exciting challenge. This past Sunday, he graduated with flying colors from his 8-week basic obedience course. We are looking forward to starting intermediate obedience in the near future.

Edit: Added his growth chart I've been keeping because I'm definitely not a crazy dog mom.

·
Registered
58 Posts
He's so beautiful! What have you been covering in basic obedience? Mine (also my first) is 4.5 months. For sure a challenge but I'm very much enjoying shaping her. Just started teething too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's so beautiful! What have you been covering in basic obedience? Mine (also my first) is 4.5 months. For sure a challenge but I'm very much enjoying shaping her. Just started teething too!
Thank you! Our basic obedience class was amazing and we loved it. We went over sit, down, stay, come, watch, loose leash walking, and heel. Heel is probably our favorite and I feel like it always improves our bond. I also worked privately with my trainer on impulse control using "wait" and having a better understanding of teaching him "no" when it comes to teething. I am... very ready for him to be done teething haha. We still have some work to do with his recall. His recall is pretty great unless there's another dog involved. He will play with other dogs like... all day haha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like your doing amazing. I'm teaching everything myself. Ive gotten most basics ok. But Biscuits heel can be awful, she just will now cut me off infront forcing me to give her the toy or treat. She has outsmarted me on that so it's back to basics with the heel. I'd love to get involved in obedience classes, so far I've only managed to get her into socialization classes. I think at this point it's me that needs to improve not her 😒. Such a great age tho, enjoy your pup they grow so fast.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Stunning young critter!

Enjoy your photos showing age progression and the dfference in facial expression. I've never had a real GSD puppy to watch the changes. Mine have both been 2 yr. old rescues.
Glad to hear he's doing so well. GSDs are such fun aren't they? I adore their brain power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts