German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on a whim I got Kenya a black Ruffwear harness from REI. It was on sale and I've always thought they looked cool and good quality.

My problem....I'm not really sure what to use it for! Lol. I suppose she can just wear it around to be cool. What do you use yours for?

I figured in the summer she will wear it at the lake, but that's a ways off. Last summer I had her in a life jacket b/c if she were to fall off the dock or out of the boat I needed a way to lift her back in. Obviously she can swim and the life jacket is bulky, so the Ruffwear can me worn in case I need to lift her (yes, I'm paranoid, my cousin's dog fell off their dock, got her collar hooked on the dock, and almost drowned b/c she was stuck in the water so now she always wears a life jacket or lifting harness even though she is a labrador who swims in their pool every day).

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a red one - I used it when I had Jet, my foster tripod (fits well on pups missing a forelimb), and now use it for Eli - it's great for holding him up - especially now he's over 50lbs.

·
Banned
3,955 Posts
That`s funny. I have a bunch of harnesses I never use too. Now they definitely aren`t a cool as the 07 Ruffwear and mine don`t have handles. Have you every felt how heavy Kenya is when wet? You`ll need a forklift to hook to the handle.
I bet it looks nice with her coloring.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Hey, maybe I'll get one of those for Rafi! The stuff I ordered with my dividend didn't fit so I have to send it back.

Basu actually fell off the dock once when hooked to a boat cleat. Luckily I was right there. It was SO scary. From then on I kept him tethered to a tree, far away from the water.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Liesje, you're funny. I got my harness along with the Ruffwear backpack, so I make my dog carry water when we go on hikes.

Actually, we just bought a dog stroller for my little senior Zamboni, so that she can join Camper and me on long walks. It has a trailer set-up, for bikes as well. As Dh and I were standing in the store checking it out last night, we were joking that we could attach the trailer to Camper's harness and make him pull Zamboni around town. Chariots of Beagle!

Maybe you could do something like that! Get a skateboard and let Kenya pull you around your neighborhood!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts