German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know... crazy for me to want another one.... but my breeder just told me Questa is having pups!!!! I would like EVERYONES opinion on looking at the dam and sire's pedigrees.... what do you like about each and dislike about each. and what you think you could see come out of this litter!!!! :D

Mating test - German shepherd dog

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have opinions they would like to share? Im just very curious about everyones thoughts on this litter due january 20th...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know much about the Czech lines, other than I like the dogs around here that I see working at some of the clubs. I'd take one of those pups though if they need to find a nice home ;).
haha :p
I very much want a pup from this litter, myself. :D
Im excited to see them... aweeee. gsd puppies steal my heart. :wub:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
IMO before considering if this is a good breeding or not, you need to consider if bringing home a new puppy now is really a good idea. It's easy to get excited about getting a puppy. It's easy to convince yourself that it is a good idea. But you need to step back and really think about it.

Your dogs are very close in age already. From your sig, your male isn't even a year old yet and your girl isn't even two. Are you ready to take your training and socialization focus off of your two young dogs and put it all into a puppy? Is it fair to the dogs you have to do so? Is it fair to the puppy if you aren't ready to do so? Adding a third means you'll have either two boys or two girls who are within 1-2 years of each other. That changes things. Same sex aggression is a very real concern with GSDs. Having two same sex dogs close in age greatly increases your risk of it. There is no way at all to predict if a dog will become same sex aggressive until all dogs are mature and living with same sex dogs. Same sex aggression means that despite your best efforts, your dogs may not be able to live together peacefully within the next few years. Are you able and willing to keep dogs separated from each other for the rest of their lives? If you are not, you may be setting yourself up for a very hard and heartbreaking situation of having to rehome a dog because of fighting (or worse, having one or more dogs seriously injured injured in a fight). With three dogs so close in age depending on how many dogs you want this may be your last puppy for many years. All three of your dogs will get old at the same time. This means, you'll be facing age related health concerns with three large dogs at once. This can be financially and emotionally draining.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
IMO before considering if this is a good breeding or not, you need to consider if bringing home a new puppy now is really a good idea. It's easy to get excited about getting a puppy. It's easy to convince yourself that it is a good idea. But you need to step back and really think about it.

Your dogs are very close in age already. From your sig, your male isn't even a year old yet and your girl isn't even two. Are you ready to take your training and socialization focus off of your two young dogs and put it all into a puppy? Is it fair to the dogs you have to do so? Is it fair to the puppy if you aren't ready to do so? Adding a third means you'll have either two boys or two girls who are within 1-2 years of each other. That changes things. Same sex aggression is a very real concern with GSDs. Having two same sex dogs close in age greatly increases your risk of it. There is no way at all to predict if a dog will become same sex aggressive until all dogs are mature and living with same sex dogs. Same sex aggression means that despite your best efforts, your dogs may not be able to live together peacefully within the next few years. Are you able and willing to keep dogs separated from each other for the rest of their lives? If you are not, you may be setting yourself up for a very hard and heartbreaking situation of having to rehome a dog because of fighting (or worse, having one or more dogs seriously injured injured in a fight). With three dogs so close in age depending on how many dogs you want this may be your last puppy for many years. All three of your dogs will get old at the same time. This means, you'll be facing age related health concerns with three large dogs at once. This can be financially and emotionally draining.
Good advice. :)

Bolded - Hence why I have had to pass up AMAZING breedings and will continue too for awhile longer. ;)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I can dream cant i? This was me posting a litter, wanting everyone's opinion on the sire and dam, and expressing how i would like one. i would like alot of things, and i will be in town with the pups when my husband gets back from deployment, and i will play and love on them... but i KNOW its not the right time. Im not financially there, nor am i wanting to take away from the training i am doing with my pups at the moment. Everything you have said i have already considered and thought of previously before even posting this. Just love Questa and was sharing my excitement lol :D

Sorry if i sounded like i was an animal hoarder... :blush:

FAR from the truth. ONE day... yearssss ahead i will be getting another pup (husband wants a malanois) but that will be far ahead in the future since we have other things on the to do list, like buy our own house with land, get more financially stable etc.

Thanks though, hope that clearede that up lol
And i hope someone else gets something from your wonderful statement! :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I can dream cant i? This was me posting a litter, wanting everyone's opinion on the sire and dam, and expressing how i would like one. i would like alot of things, and i will be in town with the pups when my husband gets back from deployment, and i will play and love on them... but i KNOW its not the right time. Im not financially there, nor am i wanting to take away from the training i am doing with my pups at the moment. Everything you have said i have already considered and thought of previously before even posting this. Just love Questa and was sharing my excitement lol :D

Sorry if i sounded like i was an animal hoarder... :blush:
Not at all! You sounds like someone who was excited about puppies and it's not hard to get excited about puppies :)

Glad to hear you have already considered everything that needed to be considered!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good sire and dam progency?!?!?!

Ruby's mom is pregnant!! My breeder just told me Questa is having pups!!!! I would like EVERYONES opinion on looking at the dam and sire's pedigrees.... what do you like about each and dislike about each. and what you think you could see come out of this litter!!!! :D
Mating test - German shepherd dog

PRETTY PLEASE. I'D love to hear your opinions!!!

·
Registered
27,307 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Did we just do this thread?

What are you looking for?

You're not showing your dog or working him so why does the ped even matter? Find a good breeder and tell them what you want and let them pick a dog.
ummmmm. I put it in the wrong section, didnt get any answers, so i moved it not realizing there was a pedigree section.

Im not looking for another dog right now.
This is my female, ruby's, mom's pregnancy.

I am not showing my dogs, no. i am training them in obediance wanting to work towards a CGC eventually. But that has absolutely nothing to do with this pedigree Question. I am only asking someone who is good at reading a pedigree (since i am not and know nothing about the dogs in these dogs lineage), and knows about certain things to do with pedigree to take a look at this progency and give me their 2 cents. i guess it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
27,307 Posts
The mods can move the other thread to the bloodline forum...just do a request to the forum moderator:)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
27,307 Posts
Amaruq, Angelaw are the ones to pm in this forum...not sure when/if they'll see it...

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I merged the two threads.

If you hit the yellow diamond on the bottom left of a post you will be able to contact the forum moderators and all of the Admin.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I merged the two threads.

If you hit the yellow diamond on the bottom left of a post you will be able to contact the forum moderators and all of the Admin.
OK Thanks so much!!! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts