German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I just looked up the mushroom toy and purchased one so.... thanks for the inspiration! You should get a kickback from the company ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi! So I just got mine (amazon took forever ship). Remy messed around with it for a bit, and then he seemed to get depressed bc nothing was happening. I tipped it over for him to demonstrate but so far he's not into it. Any tips?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
open the holes up all the way if you need to... so he doesn't have to work so hard??? :( that's sad...Roxy still bangs hers around and her tail wags the whole time she's working it. I've even started closing the holes more so she has to work a little bit at it

do you put his kibble in it? I am trying to give Roxy's am meal to her in it..that's when she's most likely to want to work/play and eat.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just be warned if he does start taking to it you might get scenes like with Roxy..she tosses the thing in the air and bangs it around. It's a good thing it's durable. I think there might even be a couple of nicks on my kitchen floor from that toy :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok, thanks. I did open up the holes and spin it around and he got a little more interested. I think the missing piece is that he doesn't know to pick it up yet. We'll try it again tomorrow!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so how is this going? ? Roxy has hers tonight for her evening meal and it's totally airborne. It's too funny watching that thing get whipped around...and her tail wagging.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Just ordered Dexter one. I got him that Dogit mind games 3 in 1 , a month ago, he got all of them the first time. :crazy:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roxy gets her am meal that way...cuz mom needs coffee and computer time. Takes her a good 1/2 hour to bang the thing around and get all of her kibble...sometimes 45 min depending on how I set the little release gizmos. About the last 2 minutes are her banging it hard enough to pop it apart and hit the jackpot :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thank you guys so much! I'm for-sure looking into this! I even bought a "flirt pole" cause it was so highly talked about on this site... And seriously, it's amazing. Basically a cat toy for dogs.. But hey! Not complaining!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts