German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my puppy Ze'eva just had a loose stool on the floor and then vomited earlier... the stool had worms in it as I saw some of them moving a little. They were rather small. Not sure how common this is 2 days after giving deworming medicine to her to see worms in the stool. I will be taking the poor puppy to the Vet in the morning to see what they can do or say.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No worries. The medicine is doing it's job. It's common to see the worms in the stool after the meds.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Should I still take her to the vet or wait a few days?

Is she getting her puppy shots? My puppy got her 1st puppy shots and was wormed and yes she did have worms in her stool. If your puppy is wormy you will see them more in the first wormings then at any other time. She went for her 2nd series and got wormed again three weeks later. She will be going soon for her final puppy shots and will have a fecal done and if need be wormed again. If your puppy is done with all the shots then take her in for a fecal and worming but if you are in between shots you can just do it when she goes in for her shots. She will be ok to wait until next shots.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is she getting her puppy shots? My puppy got her 1st puppy shots and was wormed and yes she did have worms in her stool. If your puppy is wormy you will see them more in the first wormings then at any other time. She went for her 2nd series and got wormed again three weeks later. She will be going soon for her final puppy shots and will have a fecal done and if need be wormed again. If your puppy is done with all the shots then take her in for a fecal and worming but if you are in between shots you can just do it when she goes in for her shots. She will be ok to wait until next shots.
She is done with all her shots except for a Lepto booster in 2 weeks. She just had her final puppy shots a few weeks ago and was told to give her the de-worming medicine on the 12th and ended up giving it to her late on the night of the 12th.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
She is done with all her shots except for a Lepto booster in 2 weeks. She just had her final puppy shots a few weeks ago and was told to give her the de-worming medicine on the 12th and ended up giving it to her late on the night of the 12th.

Then I would get a fecal when you do the Lepto booster to make sure she is worm free and if not they will sent you home again with more wormer. The two weeks will give enough time for the wormer to work if it is going to and then just get the fecal done with booster to see if anymore worming is needed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I would get a fecal when you do the Lepto booster to make sure she is worm free and if not they will sent you home again with more wormer. The two weeks will give enough time for the wormer to work if it is going to and then just get the fecal done with booster to see if anymore worming is needed.
Alright awesome. I was a little worried for Ze'eva as I have never had to deal with the worms before in a puppy. This is my 2nd dog [First one the ex-GF kept :( ...] I will just keep a closer eye on her the next couple days in case she starts to seem dehydrated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.