German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Rosie. 5 months. GSD x Siberian Husky x Japanese Akita
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in the land of Redwoods and Bigfoot. Not sure what this pup would do with Bigfoot, but she sure enjoyed her first trip into this 2nd/3rd growth redwood forest.

tall trees, short pup

she was afraid to climb up this root ball the first time but by the end of the romp she was loving rootballs, stumps, and logs

trying to pose with my wife but Rosie was more interested in thrushes behind her...

now they're both looking at birds....

her front legs are thick like tree barrels, but not quite as thick as the one behind us

·
Registered
894 Posts
I love watching them learn to climb things like rootballs! You can almost see the synapses firing as they go from hesitant to confident.

Ole's nemesis, was a big pile of discarded pallets in a nearby park. Sometimes the pallets shifted and moved as we climbed on it. It took a few weeks before he would follow me to the top and stand there like he was the king of the world.

·
Registered
Rosie. 5 months. GSD x Siberian Husky x Japanese Akita
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love watching them learn to climb things like rootballs! You can almost see the synapses firing as they go from hesitant to confident.

Ole's nemesis, was a big pile of discarded pallets in a nearby park. Sometimes the pallets shifted and moved as we climbed on it. It took a few weeks before he would follow me to the top and stand there like he was the king of the world.

aw yeah man, you're so right about the synaptic firing. We took her to a different trail this AM, down to an Ocean beach, with a fairly quick creek pouring into the ocean and tons of rocks to climb on. She was tepid about climbing the rocks for about 20 seconds and the same for going down. it was really incredible to watch her figure out how to go up and down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts