German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was posted on the Detroit CL.

I emailed the person that posted her who is a volunteer with the Romulus Animal Shelter, and they don't have death dates, but she needs to get out of there as soon as possible.

This is from the CL post:
WHITE GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!
•Sadly this gal was dropped off at the shelter, a hurried phone call from the owner gave no information about the dog they surrendered except that she has ear infections that they cannot afford to treat. The owner hung up witout even providing the dog's name.
Except for the infected ears the outward appearance of this dog seems to be good, she appears to have been well treated and looked after. She is gorgeous, her coat is beautiful and she seems to be very friendly. Having said that, older children in the household are recommended because she is simply a big girl, and would easily knock small children over. She is very tall for a female and could weigh in at 90 lbs. or more. She is spayed. If you know someone looking for a white Shepherd and can help this girl please tell them about this Romulus Animal Shelter latest arrival. Networking with family, friend and co-workers helps animals find homes, thank you! YES, this dog is available for adoption! She needs immediate vet care.

ADOPTION FEES:
adoption fees are only $5.00
•an additional $25.00 fee is charged, but refundable, upon proof of S/N (spaying or neutering)
•simply return to the shelter with tangible proof within 6 months for kittens and puppies
•within 30 days for adult dogs and cats
•must be 18 to adopt, bring picture ID (driver's license preferred)
•when adopting bring a collar and leash for a dog; box or carrier for transporting others

Romulus Animal Shelter
734 942-7591
35255 Goddard Road
Romulus, MI 48174

Wayne Road exit off 94, follow sign to Romulus, turn L at Goddard, shelter is on your R --
(SE corner of Goddard/Wayne Rds look for: old, small, red building, across from Burger King)

~ Romulus Animal Shelter Hours ~
Monday through Friday 9 to 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 3:45 p.m.

The volunteer's email went on to say that she's the best dog she's seen on a leash, and they've named her Tamra.

HELP NEEDED: White Shepherd

I've emailed back for more info, like age, heartworm tested, good with dogs, etc.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I"m glad to pull and help transport to a rescue if someone can take her.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
this dog is very local to me. her link has been updated to say they've discovered she has blood in her urine, she is going to the vet on thursday. i am networking her, will contact them to let them know. she is beautiful.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
shelter is closed for snow day. spoke with healthy paws vet clinic, they are to see her tomorrow, i will follow up then and let everybody know what's going on. thanks!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
we are working hard to find a place for this sweet girl to go. she is to see the vet at 2:30 this afternoon, then we'll know more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I work about two blocks away and seen it on craigslist and planned on stopping by after work

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
omgosh, whata sweet, sweet, girl!!! just met her on the way to her temporary foster here in michigan, so she's officially out of the shelter and on her way to a better life. she seems like an all-around nice, nice dog!

here's miss happy face...

zina ballerina herself...

·
Registered
510 Posts
She's gorgeous. I think it's rotten of the former owners to not give any info on her, including her name. A pox on their house, too. Hope she enjoys a new, loving home very soon.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
fortunately we were able to get more info on her, long story...but we always have to remember that sometimes people are between a rock and a hard place and are forced to do things they maybe wouldn't ordinarily do. she is safe in temporary foster and we're getting ready to set up her transport to her permanent echo foster. thanks to caroline who posted her and did all the legwork (and who is temp fostering this good girl).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts