German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of videos of Rollo! First one is Rollo being a good calm dude waiting for part of his breakfast while his sister Snickers is always around when food is out. Not gonna lie - its pretty sweet I worked a TON with Rollo since he was 8 weeks old on settling down on a mat and place and other forms of the down command - so now he will just down and lay down and chill calmly when inside the house which IS FANTASTIC with the other two dogs in the house! Lol Rollo would annoy them to no end when he was a real young puppy.
Oh yeah - second video is super short clip of Rollo going into down before I throw the Rollo romote control that is the KONG squeeky tennis ball. I recently started using the ball for some OB stuff (in addition to play) and its great - it's insane how fast Rollo responds to commands when he knows the KONG ball is at stake.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Well done with this young dog. Lesson learned at this age stick well. BTw: caution in using tennis balls; the material wears the teeth pretty hard.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Looks like training is going well!
Thank you Mei dog! He was a hyped up energizer ball as a young puppy - so I dreaded taking him out to public places (still definitely did tho)...But now that I have gone from being a DUMB DUMB dog trainer to the slightly better DUMB dog trainer, I now kinda figured out how to get him to focus on me out in public and MAN all that crazy energy goes into focusing on me and I love it and he'a a joy taking him every where I go

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done with this young dog. Lesson learned at this age stick well. BTw: caution in using tennis balls; the material wears the teeth pretty hard.
Yes thank you! Seriously I literally always forget about the negatives of the tenni balls. The good news is I am using them a lot less than I used to - not because of the health risks (b/c I always forget) but because it's mainly used as some sort of reward for Rollo instead of just playing with them all the time...The Kong Squeeker tennis ball giveth and also taketh

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I love the ball on a string, god forbid if they choked but having the string helps. I just ordered the large ones from hallmarkk9.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Seriously I literally always forget about the negatives of the tenni balls. h
I use them for retrieve in water until I know the dog will really get a toy back to save on toys. But , I put them in an old white (for visibility) sock to protect the pearly whites.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thank you Mei dog! He was a hyped up energizer ball as a young puppy - so I dreaded taking him out to public places (still definitely did tho)...But now that I have gone from being a DUMB DUMB dog trainer to the slightly better DUMB dog trainer, I now kinda figured out how to get him to focus on me out in public and MAN all that crazy energy goes into focusing on me and I love it and he'a a joy taking him every where I go
Totally understand. The most public place I've taken Mei is to the city fair lol. I was really worried at first so I used the slipleed around her nose at first. She behaved with it on as we walked the perimeter of the fair, to see what may startle her and what not. After 15 minutes I slipped it to just around her neck and she never left my side. In public places I'll do that, then slip it off and if she acts up I'll put it right back on.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally understand. The most public place I've taken Mei is to the city fair lol. I was really worried at first so I used the slipleed around her nose at first. She behaved with it on as we walked the perimeter of the fair, to see what may startle her and what not. After 15 minutes I slipped it to just around her neck and she never left my side. In public places I'll do that, then slip it off and if she acts up I'll put it right back on.
See thats the best! It's definitely more enjoyable to be able to take him anywhere and not really worry!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts