German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some beautiful pics my sister took of my gangly 70 lbs puppy Rollo yesterday at the park! Rollo is the best but I
'm kinda worried how much he is gonna weigh full grown... Rollo is such a goofy boy. He looks thin/skinny but he is a big boy...

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
@Mei see I told you Rollo ain’t no Mali! Lol

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

HAHA, awesome pics. I like the picture with his eyes closed and tongue out.

Too bad Mei and Rollo can't be a couple! LOL

Mei is tiny at 6 months compared to Rollo. Last I weighed her, week ago or so, she was 45lbs. German Shepherds shouldn't be big massive dogs anyways. She will probably be 70lbs at maturity, which I'm cool with.

I did some "off-leash" with her yesterday. "off-leash", meaning the leash was on, but I wasn't holding onto it. Walked passed a house with a loud annoying little dog, passed kids playing and other distractions and she stayed right along with me. The trainer is coming back to my house this Thursday and I think he'll be surprised how much she's come in just a week and half from last time he was over. He wants to work 'heel' and some other things. Mei is already doing good on walks, but does get out of the heel position every now and then. She's either a little too fast or a little too slow, but not pulling or anything or needing pulled lol.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

HAHA, awesome pics. I like the picture with his eyes closed and tongue out.

Too bad Mei and Rollo can't be a couple! LOL

Mei is tiny at 6 months compared to Rollo. Last I weighed her, week ago or so, she was 45lbs. German Shepherds shouldn't be big massive dogs anyways. She will probably be 70lbs at maturity, which I'm cool with.

I did some "off-leash" with her yesterday. "off-leash", meaning the leash was on, but I wasn't holding onto it. Walked passed a house with a loud annoying little dog, passed kids playing and other distractions and she stayed right along with me. The trainer is coming back to my house this Thursday and I think he'll be surprised how much she's come in just a week and half from last time he was over. He wants to work 'heel' and some other things. Mei is already doing good on walks, but does get out of the heel position every now and then. She's either a little too fast or a little too slow, but not pulling or anything or needing pulled lol.
I like to think of them as a long distance couple. It’s complicated lol

Reactions: Hellish

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rollo is just pushing maximum density.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
He is handsome. LOL at the long distance romance.

How old is he? Valor was like 70 pounds at 6 months. He was a lean 90 pounds at his recent 12 months appointment. He looks similar to Rollo in body type and markings :)

·
Super Moderator
8,907 Posts
I’d put Rollo at the top of the range, 85/90.
...I doubt Mei will reach over 60.

Let me know what I win in a year ;)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
His eyes are very much to GSD Standard "As dark as possible". What a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rollo is so handsome, though. I feel like they don't look their weight at his stage of the game. I feel like they go through this gangly, lean stage. Where they're long, and not quite full grown and balanced or filled out. They're just goofy and awkward at this stage. At least that's how I see my pup, who is about a month or so ahead of Rollo.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thank you all for your kind comments! I’ve been incredibly lucky with Rollo and have fun with him everyday

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’d put Rollo at the top of the range, 85/90.
...I doubt Mei will reach over 60.

Let me know what I win in a year /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Im hoping Rollo is 85lbs-90lbs! What does Fodder win IF the weight estimates are correct @Mei ??

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
He may just be the 85 u want. Love the red in his coat. No clue what Ozzy weighs but I’m guessing over 50

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

How old is he? Valor was like 70 pounds at 6 months. He was a lean 90 pounds at his recent 12 months appointment. He looks similar to Rollo in body type and markings /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Rollo is 6 and half months old!

Reactions: CometDog

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

How old is he? Valor was like 70 pounds at 6 months. He was a lean 90 pounds at his recent 12 months appointment. He looks similar to Rollo in body type and markings :)
Kaiser was also around 65/70 pounds at 6 months and is now 92lbs at 18 months and I just checked his ribs this morning.. I can still feel them, but only just see them (so he could maybe do with losing a couple of pounds)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts