German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wahoo!!! Rollo has been having some back leg pain and we decided it would be best to get x-rays done to get to the bottom of the issue! Vet said most likely hip dysplasia but it would be amazing if not! Well X-rays on Tuesday while I’m working summer camp and I get the call from the vet saying “VERY VERY GOOD NEWS- Rollo does not have hip dysplasia and instead has Pano in both his back legs”
Normally Pano starts in one leg and then goes to the other but Rollo has it in both his back legs-so that’s the source of his pain! Vet said Rollo has EXCELLENT HIPS AND ELBOWS if I was to rate them! Now Rollo did get neutered while he was under lol but Im so happy my cone head should be pain free soon! Lots of mental stimulation and short leash walks ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,698 Posts
That's great news!What a relief eh?!

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
Glad it's only pano! Speedy recovery Rollo!

·
Registered
21 Posts
One of our dogs which unfortunately we recently lost at 9 yrs had the same diagnosis when he was 7 months old. One day he was running around and then completely stopped using one of his hind legs. It was after hours so we took him to emergency clinic. After he woke up from his x-ray sedation and $600 later he was totally fine

Dr said it was "growing pains" ( pano)
We still have the x-rays framed and hanging in one of the rooms as a souvenir.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts