German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rollo proves he is greater than air bud clearly...with the slow-mo catch!
--->Rollo got a free jumping pass so I could film this video and share it with people

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cute video, but at his age you really don't want him putting that kind of stress on his hips!
I know :frown2:..I have to remind myself most of the time we are playing with the ball not to. Question Tim - what do you think about those rubber chips on kids playgrounds? Sometimes when I take Rollo to the playground he likes to jump off the slide or steps or whatever onto the rubber chips that line the ground. I assume its still not the best for him being a puppy - just curious.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The soft cushion helps, but the growth plates are not fully developed until about 18-24 months, so you need to be a bit careful with jumping and stuff until then.

I have a deck in my backyard, and it has three steps down on all sides...did my dog ever use them, no! She's been jumping off the deck to the grass since she was about 5 months old...whatayagonnado. **** dog LOL! I just mentioned this because you pup was launching himself straight upward, and that could come back to haunt him later...hopefully not, but better safe than sorry....

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even think about the straight up jump part! Will not happen again...not worth the risk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts