German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I still love him to death!!

The sig. Other cleaned the entire apartment today (I'm talking mop, sweep,vaccuum,dishes,laundry) while I was taking a nap (worked late yesterday). He picked up everything in the room and organized too then left rocky on bed with me chewing a bone. I wake up and see how clean everything is and I'm in a great mood because I normally clean all day Saturday!

Rocky is playing in his kennel with the door open and to my horror my sprint htc touch phone screen is covered in bite marks and my computer charger is bitten in half. I just bought both of them less than a month ago!!!

I guess my boyfriend organized too well and put my laptop charger and phone in the place they ices to be kept-- before rocky. Now they (until today) are kept in a drawer.

Instead of being mad, I took MANY deep breaths and thought that it could have been worse. The cors could have been plugged in!!

Anyone else had their expensive gadgets destroyed?

·
Registered
664 Posts
We've been really lucky with Layla (now 9 mos. old). She got a pair of my husband's glasses once. That was her worst.
My old girl Jasmine, on the other hand, tore up an upholstered chair one day. And she was about 5 years old then!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Brewski ate chewed my mic phone (now I have an iphone4 so could thank him for it lol) chewed a TV remote, X Box Controller, Wii Remote and the remote on the end of the key chain! (geee you have to love kids that leave things laying around)

You are right it could of been worse cords could of been plugged in or pieces digested and lodged,,,,

·
Registered
728 Posts
Rem bit my iPod touch (mom's fault, she was using it and left it lying on the bed, real smart with a young puppy in the house...) and the top of the screen is cracked. Getting the Verizon iPhone though so no worries there... He also "ate" a perfectly good little dog bed once... I've been meaning to take a picture, his smaller puppy crate is still in my room (laziness) and I stuffed the remains of the bed into it, I just say it's some sort of dog themed art installation lol...

That's it so far, though, I'm careful not to leave anything around and I'm always with him.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
HA! yes yes and YES. Most of the problems was from labs (go figure) One ate nothing but electronics we lost a few cell phones more then a few cell phone chargers a few laptop cords a play station controller cord then the actual controler then the power cord then the playstation itself. We have had a fan cord chewed through and a TV cord (all of these things were plugged in) We had a foster dog eat the key fab to our car (the thing on your keys that unlocks the car door) Before we learned the joys of crating we had a lab eat through a flat wall all the way to the studs. Had the lab eat our king size matress as well. So yes can definitely say that we have been there before.

On a good note if you have a warranty on the laptop they might exchange it I know ours did we explained what happened and since it was just a cord she coded it differently and mailed us one for free. Also you said you had the HTC Evo if you have sprint for like $7 they put a warranty on the phone which covers being eaten by a dog.

·
Registered
677 Posts
No electronics but Halo has chewed the gas line to the smoker , the net around the trampoline, and in 15 minutes she striped 8 feet of 1949 siding off of the house. Surprisingly home depot doesn't carry that kind of siding; so we had to reside the whole house.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
No electronics but Halo has chewed the gas line to the smoker , the net around the trampoline, and in 15 minutes she striped 8 feet of 1949 siding off of the house. Surprisingly home depot doesn't carry that kind of siding; so we had to reside the whole house.
You win!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
haha.... Shasta only ever destroys hubby's stuff because he has what i can only assume is a medical condition that prevents him from ever cleaning up after himself or putting anything away when he's done using it....

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The most expensive thing my dog has wreck was my glasses. I had had them for only two weeks and he chewed them up. They were $600-$700 dollars because my eyesight is horrible.

He's broken several laptops and laptop screens, cameras, cords, other pairs of glasses, glass doors, video games, video game consoles, handheld consoles, cell phones, etc. We worked it out one day and this doggie is in debt by about $4000.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Texas has destroyed the following items: 4 palm plants, 4 plant pots, my bistro chairs, the legs of my leather recliner chair, the electrical cords outside on the balcony, the remote control, the living room curtain, a leash, and finally the balcony fencing. Yeah. Patience is needed a lot!

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I had a foster dog eat a $100 bill once.
It's all about the benjamins, baby..you know that song? :eek: I know it isn't probably funny to you as $100 is alot of money, but I can't help myself as Allie is so innocent re: destruction! I really cannot believe it. Someday I will send you a crisp Benji, seriously, as she must have gotten that out of her system before she came here so we owe ya big time! She would play chew on some toys at first, but even then not enough to tear them up.

It is interesting to hear all these stories. Kelso was a really hard puppy, very mouthy and drew blood on the innocent, but he never once chewed up something of value, because we did not let him. Of course, he woulda, if he coulda. Heck he would have chewed through a sheet rock wall if we left him to his own devices.

Actually, I take that back, he chewed up the cord to my phone when I left it on the futon and he was laying behind me chewing it as I sat here and did not notice. He has also destroyed numerous dog beds...that were in his crate. So now he does not have a dog bed in his crate, just a blanket and is happy with that.

We recognized his insanity (and not even that, just being a puppy) and micromanaged him so much he never had the opportunity to destroy anything of real value. If I literally could not see what he was doing every second, he was in his crate or in a small proofed area.

yeah it takes alot of time, but it was worth it. And you can't really blame them if you aren't there...
and they learn after some time what is a toy and what is not, but again, it takes time.

And for some reason, even if I did fall asleep while studying or something, I would wake up to him eating my face or pant legs..so learned real quick he was not to be trusted..lol

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Gunnar got a laptop charger that belonged to my daughter. Having had plenty of puppies, we knew to be dilligent about watching him like a hawk, every second he was out of his crate and keeping everything up and out of reach.
My daughter, who was 17 at the time, was home alone with Gunnar and had her laptop out and was working on it. She had Gunnar out while she was on he laptop.
I'm guessing she wasn't paying enough attention to him (or she was on the phone, as 17 year old girls tend to be) and he went into her laptop case, drug the charger out and chewed it up good.
She was upset at the dog..........REALLY, how about paying attention. They don't call 'em land sharks for nothing.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I can't entirely blame Rosa for this one, but I was using my husband's work laptop (at the time it was our only internet connected computer) and having a cup of coffee. Rosa wanted my attention and I was ignoring her. So she jumped on me, jostled the arm that was holding the cup, and I dumped about half a cup of coffee right into the keyboard.

Dell tech service fixed it no charge, but Don lost about a day of work. And I got my own netbook out of the deal.

As far as chewing, I had a harder time with training kittens not to chew stuff than training the puppies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts