German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

102 - ID#A346483

I am an unaltered female, black and tan German Shepherd Dog.

The shelter staff think I am about 7 years old.

I have been at the shelter since Dec 10, 2010.
This information is less than 1 hour old.
For more information about this animal, call:
Montgomery County Animal Control & Humane Society at (240) 773-5960 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (240) 773-5960 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Ask for information about animal ID number A346483
102 - ID#A346483

Back
Montgomery County Animal Control & Humane Society at (240) 773-5960 Ask for information about animal ID number A346483

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I bet she is really pretty not sure what is rough, poor girl, how do they know unaltered thought that was hard to ID in females.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I would guess that someone who may be be more familiar w/ collie terms may have referred to her as rough in her write up. LH collies are rough collies, short hair are smooth.
She may be an OS, and may have paperwork, etc. stating she has been spayed, or perhaps a spay scar.
Whatever the info, she is gorgeous!

·
Registered
31,379 Posts
She is beautiful! And yes, I'm sure the rough is related to her long coat. Pamela usually describes long coats as such. :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I bet she is really pretty not sure what is rough, poor girl, how do they know unaltered thought that was hard to ID in females.
If an OS they would rely on info from the person who turned her in. Otherwise - if they can -they look for a spay scar. Tough to see with a longcoat though! Evening bump for the "rough" beauty!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD -waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm going to call the shelter in the morning to get some more info on her. If she sounds like a possibility for our home, is there anyone who might be able to get there and temp test her for me?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Er, okaa-aay. Just spoke with the shelter. She said that she is indeed an OS - given up because the "owner didn't want the responsibility anymore." Then she told me that she couldn't give me any more information about her until I came in and requested a visit with her. I explained I was out of state and couldn't do that - that I wanted to get some sense of what she was like so I know whether to try to get a rescue to pull her etc and she said again that she couldn't tell me any more unless I came in. ?? Is there anyone near enough to go check her out and get further information (and hopefully do some sort of temperament test) ??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone help with having a look at her in person for me? Any suggestions on who I might contact to temp test her and then possibly pull her for me?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Evening bump for the Teddy Bear girl....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
31,379 Posts
Anyone help with having a look at her in person for me? Any suggestions on who I might contact to temp test her and then possibly pull her for me?
There are three rescues in Maryland. MAGSR, All Shepherd Rescue, and Rebel's rescue but I can't remember the name.

You could contact any of these rescues. Send Rebel a PM on here.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Lord she's beautiful

jelpy and the mesquite mafia

·
Registered
184 Posts
Okay, thanks guys. I've PM'ed Zoey's Mom, and will reach out to the 2 rescues mentioned. But please, if anyone can help directly, please let me know - I would think time is of the essence here and I may well not hear back from rescues very quickly. Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Liz, this is off topic but your black and red female and location makes me ask who your breeder was. She looks amazingly like my Eva.

and a bump

I would guess that someone who may be be more familiar w/ collie terms may have referred to her as rough in her write up. LH collies are rough collies, short hair are smooth.
She may be an OS, and may have paperwork, etc. stating she has been spayed, or perhaps a spay scar.
Whatever the info, she is gorgeous!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,379 Posts
Bump

102 - ID#A346483

Montgomery County Animal Control & Humane Society at (240) 773-5960 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (240) 773-5960 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Ask for information about animal ID number A346483
102 - ID#A346483

Back
Montgomery County Animal Control & Humane Society at (240) 773-5960 Ask for information about animal ID number A346483

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
It would be best if a rescue could pull this girl. I have not found this shelter easy to deal with as a private adopter. They also can and will give priority to an adopter from their own county. Even if you apply first, have everything lined up and even are a better candidate - they will bump you if someone local puts in an application.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All Shepherd Rescue has interest and has inquired about this girl. - May have a foster available. They are awaiting more information.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts