German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone help this dog .

This beautiful German Shepherd was dumped out into the local foothills over Memorial Weekend. He has trouble walking with his hind legs. He has been waiting for his owner's return in this same spot for 10 days now.

All the local residents are keeping his bowls full. I posted signs and photos at our local shelter today. He fled from one rescue attempt on Sunday and is now back on his blanket. Unfortunately, no one is able to take him in at this time.

Humans are can be so brutal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryvegan/2549333643/

[email protected]

This dog could be a lost dog too.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Re: RIVERSIDE,CA-ABANDONED INJURED-WAITING ON BLA

What is wrong with people..

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I just don't know how many more stories like this that I can take.... I just can't imagine such cruelity....

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

doesn't look that way bowwowmeow:

"Unfortunately, no one is able to take him in at this time."

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Not sure why this is non-urgent? Anything could happen to him out there - especially since he is disabled.

dd

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Not to mention coyotes and mountain lions--especially if he's in a somewhat wild area. We're in San Jose, but there are mountain lion warnings all over the place on the trails we go on in the outskirts of the city. And there are a lot of coyotes around that might kill a small, young, handicapped dog.

I sure hope someone can help him and get him out of harm's way.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Originally Posted By: ddNot sure why this is non-urgent? Anything could happen to him out there - especially since he is disabled.

dd
DD: The Urgent forum is for that are "currently living in High Kill Shelters and need immediate rescue! (Pure Bred GSD postings only)."

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still think this is an area that needs addressing. There are dogs that are not in a high kill shelter...but are still urgent...and need immediate rescue.

I think NON urgent...should be just that...dogs in rescue, NO kill shelters...owners rehoming (of course...not the dogs that are going to be shot if not out of there or other life threatening situations with idiot owners)

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I'm reluctant to offer transport on this one...I don't know if transporting him so far would cause him further pain, but if he does come my way in Northern CA I could help out. Right now he's about 600 miles from me, but again, if someone finds somewhere for him in Northern CA or North I could help out.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Samsmum - the Urgent Forum used to be labeled "for dogs whose lives are hanging by a thread" - and I think that applies here.

thanks

dd

·
Registered
16,649 Posts

He's obviously urgent. He doesn't even have shelter!

Is anyone working on him over on pf or anywhere else?

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I have been watching the GSD west rescue forum for updates...here is what was just posted....pray he is ok........

"The German Shepherd is nowhere to be found this morning. I replenished his water and filled his food bowl. I also straightened out his blanket so that it will be easier to tell if he has been returning at night. This is now the second day in a row that he has been absent. I suppose it is possible that someone has rescued him. I will keep you updated if anything changes.

Thank you again
Jann"

http://forums.gsdwest.com/tool/post/gsdwest/vpost?id=2760833

I don't know if this is on petfinder...any petfinder people here that can check and see if anything more is posted?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts