German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHE PASSED!!

I'm so proud of my girl. She passed her CGC! I adopted her from a shelter just shy of two years ago. She was poorly socialized, fearful, and had no obedience training. I remember reading the CGC requirements shortly after bringing her into my life and laughing out loud knowing there wasn't a single thing she could pass. It's been a long road but I finally felt like she was ready to try. I was a bit worried because she's still leary around strangers and can be a bit reactive with other dogs while she's on leash. She performed beautifully and passed with ease.
Even after passing the test, she continued to behave herself showing me that she really did deserve it.

I'm so so proud of my girl. Here she is right after finishing the evaluation showing off her bandana:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #000099">WAY TO GO RISA!!!</span></span></span>

Congratulations to the both of you on a terrific accomplishment!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Awwww! That is so awesome! Way to go Risa!!!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
YEAAAAHHHH
GrinnyGrrrrl!!!! Way!
To!
GO!!!!
Jamie, this so totally underscores how very, very far you have both come! Risa is a quality dog who has a superior owner devoted to helping her move forward, no matter what issues she may have come with, no matter what life throws your way. You two are a true TEAM! Congratulations on your very well-deserved CGC, Risa!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
ditto what Patti said! You give me hope with Onyx!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts

Oh my gosh, Jaimie! I got a HUGE lump in my throat when I saw the subject line! I never thought I'd get so attached to your silly little Risa! What an achievement. For what you have done, for your devotion, for her efforts to please you, you have moved a mountain today, girl.

Knowing all her issues, this is just astounding. Mere words aren't enough. So happy and proud!

·
Super Moderator
32,312 Posts
Awesome!!!!! Big congrats to both of you!

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Originally Posted By: Brightelf
YEAAAAHHHH
GrinnyGrrrrl!!!! Way!
To!
GO!!!!
Jamie, this so totally underscores how very, very far you have both come! Risa is a quality dog who has a superior owner devoted to helping her move forward, no matter what issues she may have come with, no matter what life throws your way. You two are a true TEAM! Congratulations on your very well-deserved CGC, Risa!
I couldnt have said it better! Your PA friends are very proud of your teamwork and what you accomplished as a TEAM! You two rock!

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm so proud of her. And of me. We've both put in a lot of work--especially over the last month--to try and get where we are now. The work will not stop as she could still use some polish here and there.
But it's nice to have proof of the work I've done with her over the past almost 2 years.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
WOO-HOO

I'm so proud of you! I think Ris and Gracie are soul-mates - the bandana and purple leash!!!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'm proud of you both

I know you understand Spanish, but did you know that Risa means "Laugh"? I hope she keeps bringing happiness to your life.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LicanAntai, she was named for the Spanish 'sonrisa' because of her smile.
I just shortened it to 'risa' and it remains appropriate. I hope she continues to fill my life with smiles and laughter for years to come.

·
Registered
806 Posts
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Congrats Risa & Jamie!</span>

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!
awesome work Jamie and Risa!!!!

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Quote:I couldnt have said it better! Your PA friends are very proud of your teamwork and what you accomplished as a TEAM! You two rock!
Your FL family is equally as proud of you two girls.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts