German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Wow, I am not sure what to think about this. I feel for her but I feel for the dogs too.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
all I can say is wow. this would cause me to be suicidal. I AM Sorry I don't even know how to respond. I never leave my dogs in the car.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Being caught up in this from the beginning, I don't know what to think now either. Regardless, two wonderful dogs were lost. If it was due to someone closing the windows, as in the one version of the story, how absolutely horrible. If it was due to negligence on the part of the owner, how absolutely horrible. Either way, the dogs lost and that is the worst part.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
if you want to take your dog for rides or into whatever establishment you are going to, fine.

but, for the love of (insert your god/entity here) QUIT LEAVING DOGS IN CARS WHEN YOU CANNOT SUPERVISE THEM!!! 30 minutes is to freakin long to leave dog in a car unsupervised. its long enough for a tremendous amount of heat to build up, even on a 70 degree day with a window open.

i have no personal exceptions to this unless it will be less than 2-3 minutes AND i can see them from wherever i am going inside. if i have to go into a store, appointment, etc...for any amount of time beyond that, the dogs stay home or i wait for another trip if the dogs are already with me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
To me it doesn't matter if a stranger did it or not. It was TOO HOT out for the dogs to be in the back of that truck with only the windows cracked. The dogs need Justice and I think they will get some. Sad sad story and I hope that this opens people's eyes a bit.

Courtney

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
if I wouldve come out to the nightmare cant even imagine those were gorgeous GSD's, what a horrible death

Down here, we do not take Neek in the car much, just gets too hot

We left Sashi, a looong time ago, in the car just to run in and get the dog food, it was 65 out, some lady tried to open the door and let him out. I will NEVER forget that, we had all 4 windows cracked. thank goodness we had the doors locked.

But....if she was warned several times as the Prosecutor alleges, why did she keep doing it? And to the person who came by and shut the windows....sure wish they could find them, how cruel

Her dogs otherwise look very well cared for, this is a confusing case:(

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
It is confusing. I think the original explanation was that she left them for 1/2 an hour while she ran in and got a lunch order from her co-workers. Apparently now the state is allegeing that it was two hours while she worked. Since she was a groomer I would imagine that that would be easy to substantiate with payroll records.

Another tragic awful reminder for all of us to be more diligent. My heart breaks for those poor dogs.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Originally Posted By: Betty101It is confusing. I think the original explanation was that she left them for 1/2 an hour while she ran in and got a lunch order from her co-workers. Apparently now the state is allegeing that it was two hours
doesnt matter. 1/2 hour is too long. one of the stories mentioned it was in the low 70's that day. even with open windows, a vehicle can easily top 100 degrees in 10-15 minutes on a 70 degree day.

this is aimed not necessarily at anyone here, but some people just feel the need to take their dogs everytime they leave the house. this is inevitably going to lead to dogs being left in hot cars.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
It is terrible what happened to the dogs but I don't think she did it intentionally.

The people who left the dog dying in the rain for weeks (the dog that the DDB president rescued and hid) did not even pay a fine.
Animal abusers get away with zero penalty. Hoarders don't go to jail. Comparing to those situations a year of jail seems out of proportion. I am not trying to justify what happened, but the relative proprtions of penalties seem way off.

RIP Ranger...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts