German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We said goodbye to Keefer a couple of week ago after a good, long life of 13 years, 8 months. Such a sweet, loving, affectionate dog. He lost his half sister Dena when she was 4 years old, and took it hard. Those two were joined at the hip. A few months later we got Halo, and at first he wasn't much interested in her, but they did become friends and were constant companions for over 9 years. Almost a year ago, he lost her too. :( By the time we brought Cava home Keef was already too old to play with another dog and I'm not sure how much he cared whether or not she was here. But she loved him and was very devoted to him, always looking out for her boy. We'll miss you so much big boy. :wub:

·
Super Moderator
5,728 Posts
I’m so sorry. He was a really beautiful dog, in more ways than one.

Reactions: Cassidy's Mom

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
He was so beautiful. Babsy was put down on 4/29, and she would have been 14 on August 10th. So about the same age as your boy. Aren't the old ones so very special? I am so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
So sorry for your loss. He had a good, long life with you.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Oh my, I just hate seeing this. I've always thought what a beautiful good boy. So many memories to cherish. I am very sorry to hear of this loss. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
I know it is so hard - - and hope you are holding out ok I am sure Cava is keeping you busy -- that was a wonderful long life!

·
Registered
746 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Keefer was one of my favourite dogs on this forum and I always enjoyed your photos of him so much.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What a wonderful and full life your shared together. I am so sorry to read of his passing. RIP Keefer, then run and play like the wind.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your photos tell a beautiful story of happy, loved dog living a wonderful life. Seeing him as a happy oldster is so precious.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Oh I'm so sorry. 13+ years is a fabulous life and we all know he had the best!! But its still hard. I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I have been offline for a few days and this was the first thing I saw when I got back in range this morning.
I am very sorry for your loss. That seems such a meaningless comment but I have nothing else. I wish you peace and hope Cava keeps you occupied.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts