German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would show you all our puppy. He is just over a year old. I named him Ringo because when he came to use he had black rings around his eyes. Not so much now but that's ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Good looking pup! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Handsome face and markings. Did he have a dark muzzle when he was younger? How did you acquire him and how old was he then?

Yes, the muzzle was dark. We got him off a guy who was not a breeder but had two Shepherds that bred. He was 3 1/2 weeks old when we got him. We did not want him that young but the guy we got him off of, for some reason said ALL his dogs had to go. We have been talking to a trainer that said that because he was removed from the other pups and the parents that he is fearful now. So that is a small problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes. I guess my other posts did not get approved yet. Yes he had a dark mussle from birth. Both his parents were Shepherds. One German one king. We have had him since 3 1/2 weeks old. I know, waaay to young. The person we got him from got rid of all the dogs including parents the same time. I find that weird tbh, but we have him now and his is a great joy in my life.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the welcome. Out of the two dogs the small one is always tryin to be the boss, lol. He will even start barking when he knows Ringo is doin somethin wrong. Tobi was half done his hair cut in that pic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One last update on Ringo before I close this chapter....We found, in late May, a growth in Ringo's mouth. I thought it was due to him chasing his tail and banging his head and nose off of various pieces of furniture that it was just something with his teeth.....We never had any time. Between Late may and mid July, under veterenary care the whole while, Ringo had a very aggressive malignant tumor growing inside his face. It had grown so quick and so big we had no choice but to say good bye to our beloved 3 year old puppy. He was laid to rest July 14th 2020. He will always be remembered in our hearts as one of the family. Thank you all for any and all advice I recieved while on this site, it was most helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
So very sorry for your loss! RIP Ringo, run free!

Reactions: bigguy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts