German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sorry this is kind of a gripe but it seems like EVERYONE who is getting rid of their purebred puppy says it has "rin tin tin" bloodline. :rolleyes2:

This family has called my phone numerous times and I was finally able to answer and they have 2 puppies that they are getting rid of (apparently couldn't get mom registered) so they had a hard time selling...hmmm. BUT they are descended from RIN TIN TIN and Im SURE they have some kind of paperwork to proove this right LMAO :rofl:

Im a little irritated about how they got my phone number in the first place. A shelter that contacted me about a few shepherds that we rescued from gave my number to them. Im all about helping place GSDs and getting them out of bad situations but I dont like that my number is just being handed out! :mad: Allright theres my vent for the day lol

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Maybe it's fate? You need another GSD puppy, or two!

:rofl:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Are you a rescue? If you are a rescue I wouldn't be bothered by them giving out the number, but if you are a private individual not affiliated with a rescue, I would be pretty upset with the shelter.

If they are trying to place the pups with a rescue, perhaps you could steer them in the right directions. There are tons of people always looking for PB GSD pups from rescues, so surely they could quickly be placed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why stop at two?!?!?!? Think big LaRen lol!! People just amaze me, never a dull day I tell ya

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, are they trying to sell you these puppies or just trying to place them ? If it's the later, then I'll give them benefit of the doubt that they might be trying to do the right thing and just trying to find a good home for these puppies. Everyone knows what happens to dogs in shelters that don't find a suitable home soon.
I'm sure by now you've spoken with the shelter and given them a piece of your mind about distributing your phone number.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am with a rescue but my phone number isn't the number we use for it..it was simply the number that the ACO needed since I was the one picking up the GSDs from that shelter. Im sure they didn't know that though....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, are they trying to sell you these puppies or just trying to place them ? If it's the later, then I'll give them benefit of the doubt that they might be trying to do the right thing and just trying to find a good home for these puppies. Everyone knows what happens to dogs in shelters that don't find a suitable home soon.
I'm sure by now you've spoken with the shelter and given them a piece of your mind about distributing your phone number.
No I havn't called them yet. When I do Im just going to give them a different number for the rescue....I have to remember that they are doing the best they can to help out and should be happy that they gave these people my number..I just hate dealing with crazy people and these guys were interesting to say the very least. But that is part of rescuing and I know that..sometimes I just need to vent. I just dont understand having a planned breeding and then needing to get rid of these dogs ASAP..why the sudden urgency?! But all they would tell me is that they couldn't sell them so they needed to go...

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I would take the puppies and find homes for them. If that person tells you that they need to go ASAP I would be afraid that they end up in a bad situation like the owner dumps them somewhere or takes them to a kill shelter or they end up in the wrong hands.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
People do it all the time..they expect to make a quick buck, and all is well when the puppies are tiny and mom is taking care of them, but when they have "leftovers" that suddenly they have to get vetted, aren't housetrained, chew everything up, make a mess in general, etc...they want them gone quickly.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Im waiting on the rescue coordinator to call me back. She has to approve all the intakes so I will see what she says. I told them I would call them back later today. If she wont take them then I know other rescues in the area would but I dont want to call the breeders back until I have a place for these guys to go. Im pretty full with my 3 and fosters so I would prefer for them to go into a different foster home..even though Im sure they are adorable lol.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People do it all the time..they expect to make a quick buck, and all is well when the puppies are tiny and mom is taking care of them, but when they have "leftovers" that suddenly they have to get vetted, aren't housetrained, chew everything up, make a mess in general, etc...they want them gone quickly.
It just makes me sad..I hate that people do this. The people that bought these puppies will probably have nice pets but they could have got nice pets from a shelter or spent the money with a great breeder that has health certifications...it just sucks. There is SOOOO much byb and puppy mills here in Nebraska though..we see so much of this :(

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Well... I am too sleepy to have read every word, but... it is very possible they are RTTIV decendants. I personally had a Rin Tin Tin IV decendant from Rin Tin Tin kennels. My dog ended up with EPI and I swear he had some sort of learning disorder, but he was a sweetheart and what I would classify as pet quality (or less with the health problems he had). I've heard others have had better experiences with the line.. but I didn't. *:shrug:*
I hope you are able to help them get to rescue.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah they are coming in today. I called them back to get more information for the rescue and we decided we had to get the puppies out ASAP. The woman told me that they had to actually battle neglect charges on their pets. They had 4 large dogs and she could afford the 30 pounds of dog food she was going through a month (that scared me because I go through about 60)!!! The male has an old laceration to his prepuce (the covering around penis) so he is urinating out of the side :eek:. She told me that they couldn't afford collars for the dogs so that they never leave the kennel because they cant walk them without leashes...poor babies. I hope its not as bad as it sounds..:(

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Yeah they are coming in today. I called them back to get more information for the rescue and we decided we had to get the puppies out ASAP. The woman told me that they had to actually battle neglect charges on their pets. They had 4 large dogs and she could afford the 30 pounds of dog food she was going through a month (that scared me because I go through about 60)!!! The male has an old laceration to his prepuce (the covering around penis) so he is urinating out of the side :eek:. She told me that they couldn't afford collars for the dogs so that they never leave the kennel because they cant walk them without leashes...poor babies. I hope its not as bad as it sounds..:(
I can not even imagine how they are getting by on 30 lbs of food/mo.

We got through 40 lbs a little over once a week with 4 adults and one pup.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yikes! poor babies :( If these are RTT kids, Daphne would be outraged.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wow poor puppers :( I wonder if they really are RTT pups. I thought they were on a strict spay/nuter contracts. So that the founders of the RTT line were the only breeders of the line :confused: and that very few pups were alowed to be left intact and would only be bred at the original breeders descertion. If they are RTT pups the original breeders need to be contacted. I'm sure they don't want any Tom **** or Harry produing dogs without permisn from there lines.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Isn't EVERY GSD a decendant of RinTinTin?!?!?

hahahahaha

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I didn't know who/what Rin Tin Tin was until I joined this board (and that was years after I became obsessed with the breed).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow poor puppers :( I wonder if they really are RTT pups. I thought they were on a strict spay/nuter contracts. So that the founders of the RTT line were the only breeders of the line :confused: and that very few pups were alowed to be left intact and would only be bred at the original breeders descertion. If they are RTT pups the original breeders need to be contacted. I'm sure they don't want any Tom **** or Harry produing dogs without permisn from there lines.
Probably why they couldn’t get the mom registered....she or one of her ancestors were probably sold with Limited Registration or none at all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Isn't EVERY GSD a decendant of RinTinTin?!?!?

hahahahaha

Well YEAH!!! Gosh all mine are!!!! :wild:

Turns out Im not getting the puppies as of now, Im still working on it. The woman called me first thing and talked about how the female was limping now (she wasn't before) stated again how they were being charged with neglect (now tells me she has 5 counts against her). I set up transport for the dogs to come in today and she is great with all this. Then she calls me back and tells me that she got a phone call and someone is coming in from a neighboring town and paying her $100 each for them..they want them as pets. I asked her if she told this couple about the health problems and she swears she did. I really hope this is a good couple that knows a lot about GSDs and have the money to fix whatever is wrong with these poor puppies..Im really worried about them but not sure what else to do :(. I spoke to the woman at length trying to get her to reconsider..I told her that this couple may be a nice family but Im just concerned that they are willing to buy these puppies that they have never seen and dont know anything about and they have all these problems....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts