German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if we are keeping the name but let me introduce you to Riley:) He is scared of everything, ceiling fans especially lol. he is still very skinny, can see his ribs and back bone but we will work on that. He is not housebroken but until about 10 minutes ago he had not had an accident minor set back no problem there. He has a broken K9 tooth and his front teeth are all worn down. His poor ears are not only scarred from the flies but they are also split down a bit from the top so they look like a Y he is so cute.

He loves to go for walks and we go on 3 a day (short ones still). He absolutly loves the children. The three year old is his favorite, she walks him around the yard by his collar and he really enjoys her company. The older girls love to brush him and he loves to be brushed once he figured out we were not going to hit him with it.

He likes to try to drink out of the sink and loves to grab food from the trash can and eat it :p. He is very docile and does not seem to know how to play. Right now he seems to be trying to figure out what is going on. He likes to ignore us as well :) I figure he is just confused and we need to give him a reason to listen to us lol he does ok in the house he wont get on the furniture, I tried a few times to convince him to lay in bed and watch tv with me but he is not too sure about that.

He is a good boy and seems like he has had a rough life, every move we make he cringes but he is cringing less and less. He is so beautiful and when he gets in better shape and his hair growns back in (he was shaved a bit) he is going to be drop dead. He will be a lot of work but I know he will be worth it.

We will be enrolling him in an obedience class for some bonding time. We aer also switching him to a raw diet. Will try to get some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Thank you for all you are doing for Riley. It sounds like he has had a miserable past :( I look forward to further updates :)

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
thanks so much for giving us this update,, and thank you also for taking him in,,he sounds like he will now be on the path to a great life!! Kudo's to you for not giving up on trying to get him..

and definately keep us updated on his progress!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts