German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
But not in a kill shelter - at this time? So not in immediate danger of PTS or???? This stinks.
I couldn't agree more. Why on earth would you adopt a dog before figuring out whether or not it was going to get along with a cat? None of my dogs has been cat friendly, but when we had both we checked this out ahead of time before permanently bringing the dog into the home - then just kept them separate. Poor Molly, she must be so confused.......:(

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
from my personal experiences in rescue, i've learned that a dog's behavior can change in different ways at different times as they go from situation to situation. i also experienced a dog who was kenneled in such a way at the shelter that no one became aware that he was horribly dog aggressive. and sometimes someone might just make a mistake in judgement about a potential adoption situation because they so want to save a dog's life.

i do not personally know the people from this michian rescue. as i understand it from the e-mail correspondence i've had with them...molly has been in boarding two weeks and is deteriorating in the kennel situation. money for boarding is running out this week. it sounds as tho they are doing everything they can with the resources they have. i was contacted because i'd had the potential adopter earlier in the thread...in the meantime i've learned this person has no fence and is iffy and uncomfortable with a home visit...which makes any further travel down that road a no-go for me.

rescue is so difficult and draining and even tho all the opinions and judgements are in one way or another justifiable, i'm thinking the energy might be better spent trying to conjure up some help for molly because although she does not fit the criteria to be listed in the urgent section, her situation is most certainly urgent.

unfortunately i am in he midst of some difficult situations with my own family and dogs and cannot be of as much help here as i'd like to be, but i do have some ideas that, as soon as i have a moment to spare, i'll pursue. i've asked for more details and more pictures of molly and will share all info here.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Poor Molly. Instead of kenneling her why can't they keep her in home and just keep her and the cat apart until they can find her a new home. It is so unfair to her at this point!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i have not had any luck in finding a family (or a rescue with open foster), for molly so far. i've not heard anything further about her via pm or private e-mail.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
BUMP again for Molly :bump::bump: - sounds like time is running out!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
BUMP :help: :help:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
doreen, any chance you can contact the richland people and see if this dog is still in boarding, if she has been turned in to a shelter, or if she has possibly gone to the bridge?

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
Doreen, this is one of the volunteers phone #'s
269.671.5257 I tried last night but didn't get thru. I was trying to talk my sister into looking into her, but the cat thing has her hesitating.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Jane
She sounds like a nice girl, and if she has lived with a cat in her previous home she can probably be trained.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I know, thats what I told my sister. I think she wants a pup, she just had to put down her senior girl and has a 3 yr old male. I'm surprised Molly hasn't been placed by now!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ok, if this lady that took in a brother to my female at a later time in life after he lost his 3rd home after killing a cat & now lives with her 2 cats pecefully, I'm I firm believer that they can be trained, takes time I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Her time is running out. :(

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
BUMP :help: :help: :cry:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i've not been able to find a forever family for this girl, but my time to devote to that has been very limited. there are so many and resources everywhere are stretched so thin.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
i've not been able to find a forever family for this girl, but my time to devote to that has been very limited. there are so many and resources everywhere are stretched so thin.
You always do your best katieliz, you are a real friend to these guys - thank you! We should all win Powerball and not have to worry about resources......bump again for Molly, running out of time....:(

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i am trying to reach the rescue/shelter who is listing this girl on petfinder.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.