German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Richland, MI | URGENT - 9/27

This dog only has until 9-27 to find a home. If interested, please don't delay and contact us right away by filling out an application.

Molly is a 5 year old German Shepherd, spayed, housetrained, good with kids, has lived with a cat successfully, lives peacefully with a neutered Doberman. She is good with "some" dogs, wants to be the alpha.

She has not been on heartworm this year but can be tested prior to adoption. She weighs approximately 75 lbs, is healthy, and she is "safe" in a fenced yard. (she does not dig under or try to jump over). She can sit, lay down and roll over.

The family has added a newborn child and can no longer meet Molly's needs for

URGENT - 9/27's Contact Info

Richland Animal Rescue & Equine Shelter, Richland, MI

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
I've never heard of this "shelter" and wonder if it is a rescue or not...why would Beauty be urgent if she was in a rescue? Makes no sense to me??

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never heard of this "shelter" and wonder if it is a rescue or not...why would Beauty be urgent if she was in a rescue? Makes no sense to me??
Exactly, what I thought when posting............. Not sure what's up ! :( :confused:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ah I went and looked... I think it a situ were the dog is still with his/her owner and will be surrendered on the 27th.... heres what their site says...

Home to Home

Home to Home Adoptions

Richland Animal Rescue & Equine Shelter has helped countless owners facing hard times and their pets - still in homes - connect to new families looking to adopt.

This service is strictly offered as a CONNECTION ONLY
and the pets are not "our" animals. Our volunteers simply help both parties with the application and interview process to ensure a possible good fit for the pet.

Home to Home adoptions work and keep adoptable pets from being needlessly surrendered to shelters and therefore saves lives...of the immediate pet and one in the shelter that will have a kennel space - to hopefully find a home in time there.

OWNERS are expected to be and are responsible for being completely honest with the condition and temperament of the pet they are offering for adoption from their home, to provide current and complete medical records, and to allow the animal to be returned to them if the adoption is not a good fit.

ADOPTERS are to be sure to obtain medical records from the home surrendering the pet for adoption and/or the veterinary clinic directly (prior to the adoption), responsibly interview the owner about the pet being offered, meet the current owner and animal to feel comfortable with the pet they are adopting directly from the home.

Richland Animal Rescue is only the "connection" to the two parties and offers assistance in helping both parties find each other...connecting potential homes to pets that are likely a good match based upon what is known from both parties.

All pets within this service must be spayed or neutered, with proof provided to RARES upon request.

Home to Home pet adoptions are independent of RARES adoptable pets (some pets may have some medical needs, may not be micro-chipped, etc), parties using this service are to use our Home to Home adoption agreement found on the Forms & Pubs page.

See more information on surrendering a pet @ "Animal Intake"

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you cleared that up. Opps, sorry then, I took it as she only had till 9/27 & then PTS. :( I guess I need to start clicking on sites & read with a fine tooth comb ! :confused:

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
Well, the way the "rescue" makes it sound, that yes she is urgent...What happens to her after the 27th? Will she be surrendered to the local AC for euth if she isn't adopted there? Still sounds odd, I know they are playing the middleman, but should work with the GSDMI or other rescues if they can't help place her. Hope she finds a forever home!

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I just love the "dog has to go to make way for the baby" line - my neighborhood is full of young families with dogs and babies, all happily coexisting. Large BUMP for Molly, turned out after 5 years of loyalty and love for her family. Must say I've never heard of this type of liaison service before......

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor gSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can I ask, why moved ? Anyone call to get the scoop ? Is she urgent ? :confused:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i know someone who is looking for a female shepherd. will follow-up and post again.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
having trouble reaching the potential adopter. will post again when i have more info.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
have still not received a return call from the potential adopter. if anyone else is working for this girl that would be good, since i don't know when/if i will hear back. i e-mailed to let someone know there were people working for her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
she sounds sooooo much like my Zena! I wish i could. massive bump for her. Good luck sweet lady!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I just do not get it, if you know you can not handle a dog and a kid then why get a dog. You know that someday you will have kids if that is what you want.

Bump...I hope this girl gets a good home.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
finally heard from the potential adopter, she's interested...but now i can't get any response from richland to my e-mails. kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
Here is a phone #
If you have read the above information, our phone number is 269.671.5257.
(thank you for your kind consideration of our volunteers)

·
Registered
27,338 Posts
I just got off the phone with the rescue, two excellent applications are in on this girl, hopefully one will work out. They have a visit set up today for the first one.
Katieliz, still give them a call if your person is interested. They go by applications and the order they are put in thru their website.
The owner was going to take the dog Monday to the AC shelter if she wasn't placed by then. :( They talked her into waiting another week if they can't get a good home match.

There are two male GSD's in the Muskegon shelter this rescue is trying to work on helping as well, so maybe one of them will be good for your interested party?

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
thanks jane i got an e-mail from the richland people, sounds like this girl's covered. my potential adopter is looking for a female, but i'll check out the muskegon boys, thanks!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
i've received an e-mail to my personal account that molly had some difficulties with a cat in her current (new) home, and is now in boarding, money for that is running out, and this poor girl is in dire straits once again. the adopter i had in mind earlier does not have a fenced yard and got a bit standoff-ish about the home visit and i don't think this is a viable option for molly.

so molly needs help again right away.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts