German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I trained with Rich for an eight week class. I really liked him and his wife. I was going to go on and take his next class but the school where we trained opted not to let him use the facility.

I don't know what type of training you want to do but he does use corrections. Anyway, he was VERY knowledgable and his dog was awesome. Hope this helps. I don't train my dogs for Rally/OB so I am not sure what type of info you are looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to answer. Also, I am friends with him on Facebook so if you need me to, I can reach out to him.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I think I will go watch a few classes to get an idea. I train with as much positive as possible..not against a correction once they know the skill well. Love the place I attend now, but they do not train for rally or comptetive obedience, so just looking at some options.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I have shown under him and with him. I don't have experience with taking classes.

I bet he would be open to what methods you use? Many trainers I know work with people within a range of techniques. You should be able to learn about showing in Obed and Rally from him.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've shown under him and watched him show his dogs, If he was in my area having classes I would look into them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts